Arcturus

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
Hi. About 3 months ago I bought a new computer. Everything was peaching until a few weeks ago. My CPU and Comp temperatures sky rocketed. My temps were always high but never this High. I have an AMD 2500+. It was running at 70c. So knowing this I went out and bought a case fan and a HSF. I bought the Volcano9. Very cool HSF. I installed it properly and turned it on. My temps are now at 62c. Still WAY ot high. Also my Comp temps are running at like 40-48c. That is high as well. I have no idea how to fix this. This is driving me nuts. I just spent 50 dollars and all it did was lower my comp a few degrees. Agggh this is annoying

PS. Yes I did put thermal compound on the CPU

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
add a case fan...

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue and some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:

songoku

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2003
Something’s you may want to check -
1. Don’t use to much compound.
2. What cpu compound did you use?
3. Is your cpu rated for its current rate. (I've had MB where they would change the cpu frequency by them selves. all of them were giga-byte.)
4. With caused your problem is the first place?
a. did you move your computer.
b. add any components
c. check a lawperson
5. Make sure your computer can breath. Run it with the case side off.
6. What are your other components?

(sorry for the miss spellings)

Supporting AMD with your breakable stuff.

Arcturus

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2003
Hi.
I didn't use to much compound. Just a thin layer. Yes my room is very hot. It is at 90degrees fahrenheit atm. I'm in vancouver canada and my room is directly facing the sun. Still with this heat. Shouldn't the HSF be able to cool the CPU a little better?
My CPU is not overclocked. I am using a case fan (3000 RPM). I don't know the compound I used. I just the same stuff that came with the Volcano 9 (its colour is white).

endyen

Splendid
Cool your room down, and move the puter out of the sun. A fan in an oven will not cool your dinner down. Take the side off for now, and put a fan by it to suck the air out. Put another fan to blow room air out the window.