wireless router from Microsoft

Last response: in Networking
Share
August 14, 2004 1:29:18 PM

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could hook
a G4 powerbook running OS X from Apple to a microsoft
router. I know the apple routers will allow PCs but it
doesnt specify for Microsoft routers. I have a PC that I
could configure the router with. Should that be all I
need to do with it?
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 4:47:06 PM

The connection should work.
But I am pretty sure you will not
what is on the MAC, since the file system is different.

On the other hand MAC users usually can see
a PC's content.¸

At least that is the experience I had connecting
through Internet.

"Aaron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could hook
> a G4 powerbook running OS X from Apple to a microsoft
> router. I know the apple routers will allow PCs but it
> doesnt specify for Microsoft routers. I have a PC that I
> could configure the router with. Should that be all I
> need to do with it?
Anonymous
August 14, 2004 5:27:05 PM

Enable DHCP on the Mac Internet settings, and will work
right away ^_^

BTW, after this is set, you can configure the router also
from the MAc -- run IE (or safari) and go to 192.168.2.1

Anonymous
August 14, 2004 9:07:57 PM

I put an Airport card in an iBook and it detected my MN700 just fine.
Drop down the menu with the wireless icon, pick the SSID of the
network, enter the WEP key and it was on.

!