wireless router from Microsoft

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could hook
a G4 powerbook running OS X from Apple to a microsoft
router. I know the apple routers will allow PCs but it
doesnt specify for Microsoft routers. I have a PC that I
could configure the router with. Should that be all I
need to do with it?
3 answers Last reply
More about wireless router microsoft

    The connection should work.
    But I am pretty sure you will not
    what is on the MAC, since the file system is different.

    On the other hand MAC users usually can see
    a PC's content.¸

    At least that is the experience I had connecting
    through Internet.

    "Aaron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could hook
    > a G4 powerbook running OS X from Apple to a microsoft
    > router. I know the apple routers will allow PCs but it
    > doesnt specify for Microsoft routers. I have a PC that I
    > could configure the router with. Should that be all I
    > need to do with it?

    Enable DHCP on the Mac Internet settings, and will work
    right away ^_^

    BTW, after this is set, you can configure the router also
    from the MAc -- run IE (or safari) and go to 192.168.2.1

    I put an Airport card in an iBook and it detected my MN700 just fine.
    Drop down the menu with the wireless icon, pick the SSID of the
    network, enter the WEP key and it was on.

    "Aaron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knew if I could hook
    >a G4 powerbook running OS X from Apple to a microsoft
    >router. I know the apple routers will allow PCs but it
    >doesnt specify for Microsoft routers. I have a PC that I
    >could configure the router with. Should that be all I
    >need to do with it?

Routers Wireless Router Microsoft Networking