More about : local computer policy

a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 1:32:20 PM

Hi :) 

Homework again....:( 

All the best Brett :) 
Score
November 4, 2012 1:32:43 PM

We would need you to further explain what you mean.
Score
Related resources
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 1:53:52 PM

Start - Run - [type] secpol.msc - > enter

Be careful in there, if you're not sure what the settings are for, best to leave them alone.

How is this a "homework" question, they are asking how to open a feature of Windows.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 3:42:24 PM

Quote:

Be careful in there, if you're not sure what the settings are for, best to leave them alone.

How is this a "homework" question, they are asking how to open a feature of Windows.

How...experience...

Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 4:24:22 PM

Quote:

"how to get open and all " This is more than just how to open.
Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 10:55:08 PM

ss202sl said:
"how to get open and all " This is more than just how to open.

Well excuse me for answering what appeared to me (given the OP is obviously not posting in their first language) to be a question on how to open the Local Security Policy Editor.

Anyway what's wrong with answering questions on subjects that some might not be able to fully understand from whatever material they are learning from. If all you're going to do is answer "homework again" there is no point in replying, unless of course all you're trying to do is push up your points tally.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:15:38 PM

Quote:
Well excuse me for answering what appeared to me (given the OP is obviously not posting in their first language) to be a question on how to open the Local Security Policy Editor.

Anyway what's wrong with answering questions on subjects that some might not be able to fully understand from whatever material they are learning from. If all you're going to do is answer "homework again" there is no point in replying, unless of course all you're trying to do is push up your points tally.

I have friends and family who are teachers and they do NOT like pupils who use Google or the NET and copy/paste answers directly....

The pupils learn nothing...as they do not understand what they are copying/pasting ...

Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:28:12 PM

Brett928S2 said:

I have friends and family who are teachers and they do NOT like pupils who use Google or the NET and copy/paste answers directly....

The pupils learn nothing...as they do not understand what they are copying/pasting ...

Plagiarism from a book is just as easy as plagiarism from the web so that's just plain drivel. It's highly doubtful this is any kind of school assignment, more than likely someone who's trying to study for a certification and stuck on a particular subject. Funny how you always "know somebody" for any given situation huh.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:30:03 PM

Quote:

Rules here are to not do someones homework for them. If they post their work so far and ask specific questions about what they've done so far then there's no problem with commenting on the specific examples provided and nudging in the right direction.
Score
November 4, 2012 11:33:59 PM

It's possible that the OP has Home Premium. I believe the Policy Editor is not included in that edition.
Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:38:27 PM

So tell me, where does being stuck on a particular subject when self studying for a cert finish and homework start.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:40:46 PM

Quote:
Plagiarism from a book is just as easy as plagiarism from the web so that's just plain drivel. It's highly doubtful this is any kind of school assignment, more than likely someone who's trying to study for a certification and stuck on a particular subject. Funny how you always "know somebody" for any given situation huh.

No its not the same.... why do you think textbooks are books.... you HAVE to read them and hopefully absorb the information somewhat even if plagiarizing ...

And yes I know a lot of people , that's because I am ancient, as a guess, at least twice your age....probably more...

Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:48:17 PM

Brett928S2 said:

No its not the same.... why do you think textbooks are books.... you HAVE to read them and hopefully absorb the information somewhat even if plagiarizing ...

And yes I know a lot of people , that's because I am ancient, as a guess, at least twice your age....probably more...

So someone couldn't possibly type out the text from a book verbatim without understanding the text? Are you serious?

Probably less about your age and more of a propensity for bullshit.
Score
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:51:10 PM

You seem to have a problem with me personally....

This is not allowed here, maybe you should argue with a Moderator about it...

I will leave this thread now for the sake of the sites harmony....

Score
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 11:53:25 PM

Nope, just see you post a lot of drivel.
Score
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 5, 2012 2:43:06 AM

This topic has been closed by The_Prophecy
Score
!