A gadget for my wife?

November 9, 2004 1:44:22 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
her with?

More about : gadget wife

November 9, 2004 1:44:23 AM

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:22 GMT, Marcus McDonald
<Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > managed to remove the duct
tape and said:

>I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
>allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
>her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
>happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
>her with?

Something with batteries in it, I guess...

--
I put 2 and 2 together and got 22.
November 9, 2004 1:44:23 AM

Marcus McDonald <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote in message news:<MPG.1bf995b8482e26c49896a2@news.GTE.net>...
> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

Buy her an ipod ---- that's a cool gadget even women like.
November 9, 2004 1:44:24 AM

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 18:12:24 -0500, Bruno <insert@address.here> wrote:

>On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:22 GMT, Marcus McDonald
><Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > managed to remove the duct
>tape and said:
>
>>I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
>>allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
>>her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
>>happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
>>her with?
>
>Something with batteries in it, I guess...

ROFLMAO!!! sorry.
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 2:00:41 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:22 GMT, Marcus McDonald had this to say...

> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

Wifes don't like the T5 because it does not vibrate. ( 8(|)

--
Hope this helps.
Jim Anderson

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

The T3 vibrates AND it has a flashing light!!

Re-consider Marcus.... :-))

"Jim Anderson" <fro2750@frontiernet.my_finger.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:22 GMT, Marcus McDonald had this to say...
>

> > I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> > allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> > her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> > happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> > her with?
> >

> Wifes don't like the T5 because it does not vibrate. ( 8(|)
>
> --
> Hope this helps.
> Jim Anderson
> ( 8(|) To email me just pull my_finger
November 9, 2004 3:02:26 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

RE/
> What can I tempt
>her with?

Does she have a flash drive (aka "thumb drive")...i.e. one of those little
things about three inches long by an inch wide that plugs into a 'puter's USB
port and comes up as a hard drive?

Mine is about my most-used gadget in that area. Kanguru makes an extra-nice
one that has a little docking station for home use and an extension cord for
hard-to-reach ports.
--
PeteCresswell
Anonymous

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <MPG.1bf995b8482e26c49896a2@news.GTE.net>,
Marcus McDonald <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote:

> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

My wife loves her own PDA, which she uses to read ebooks on. She always
has about 50 ebooks with her at any time which she can read while
waiting for things, as well as reading in bed with the lights out.

She loves her iPodmini, which she listens to at work.

She loves her iBook, which she uses to keep her lap warm during the
winter, as well as surf'in the web, on-line shopping (great to avoid the
Christmas crunch in the Malls and stores), working from home, etc...

While she has a cell phone, it is mostly for emergency use in her case.
But this is a chance for you to get a Treo 600 for your wife. PDA and
Phone in one :-) Or one of the other Smart Phone combos.

My wife has already informed me that "She" wants to be the one to pick
the Large Screen HDTV LCD TV _WHEN_ it is time to get a new TV.
Personally I think she wants to replace the entertainment center with
all new furniture, but what the heck, it means I might get an HDTV
someday, and I'm sure I can make suggestions during the process :-)

My wife wants new Ski Boots. Ski Boots are High Tech these days, and
not cheap either, especially when you throw in a weekend at Stratton
Mountain so that we can take advantage of "Green Mountain Orthotic Lab"
for professional boot fitting :-) She has fairly new skis, so I think
that is safe from high spending.

Bob Harris
November 9, 2004 3:54:33 AM

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:22 GMT, Marcus McDonald wrote:

> Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

At the very least, a PDA with an MP3 of something by Steely Dan.
But don't get her the real thing to play with or you'll be left to
play with nothing but your own Palm. :)
November 9, 2004 4:00:24 AM

Marcus McDonald wrote:
> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

How about a T5? If it's what you want, why cant she want one too?
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 6:36:49 AM

On 2004-11-08 17:44:22 -0500, Marcus McDonald
<Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > said:

> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I
> tempt her with?

Well, tempt her with the pricetag. You can get one for FREE Tungsten from

http://www.freepalms.com/index.php?AFFID=111

And to help out even more, get her a free Prada purse. You get your
tungsten fro free...so you're not buying anything. PLUS she gets a
purse. You come out ahead with your gadget at browny points.

http://www.FreeHandbags.com/default.aspx?referer=978332...

Worked for me anyway. Now I'm getting an iPod Photo for free, and
getting her a pink iPod MINI.

Hope that helps.
November 9, 2004 2:43:56 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Mine loves her new pencil!! A couple of years ago, I gave her some
paper which she thought was a ridiculous gift. Then, last year I gave
her a pencil. Now, she uses both gifts every day. Her friends think
she is the high-tech queen.

I'm going to try to find one of those pencil sharpeners for this
Christmas.

Jack

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:22 GMT, Marcus McDonald
<Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote:

>I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
>allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
>her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
>happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
>her with?
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 4:00:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Jack,

Don't s'pose you've considered some "rubbers" as well??

:-)

"Jack" <jackj1//hates spam//@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Mine loves her new pencil!! A couple of years ago, I gave her some
> paper which she thought was a ridiculous gift. Then, last year I gave
> her a pencil. Now, she uses both gifts every day. Her friends think
> she is the high-tech queen.
>
> I'm going to try to find one of those pencil sharpeners for this
> Christmas.
>
> Jack
>
> On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 22:44:22 GMT, Marcus McDonald
> <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote:
>
> >I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> >allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> >her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> >happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> >her with?

November 9, 2004 4:43:23 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Hmmm - not a single post from a female. Marcus, maybe that's a hint in
itself. :)

"Marcus McDonald" <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote in message
> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 8:46:59 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <MPG.1bf995b8482e26c49896a2@news.GTE.net>,
Marcus McDonald <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote:

> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

You could buy her a new vacuum cleaner. Besides being practical, you
will then have plenty of time by yourself to play with your new
Tungsten. It would help if you also like sleeping on the couch. 8-|

-Doug
November 10, 2004 12:38:46 AM

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:43:56 GMT, Jack <jackj1//hates
spam//@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Mine loves her new pencil!! A couple of years ago, I gave her some
> paper which she thought was a ridiculous gift. Then, last year I gave
> her a pencil. Now, she uses both gifts every day. Her friends think
> she is the high-tech queen.

Are you sure that she's as happy as you think she is? I've heard
that she just bought an eraser and she's trying to find you. When
she does, your domicile may also have a new ruler.
November 10, 2004 1:33:55 AM

"JD" <joeydba@yahoo.com> wrote in news:41911ddb$1@news.qgraph.com:

> Hmmm - not a single post from a female. Marcus, maybe that's a hint in
> itself. :)
>

> "Marcus McDonald" <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote in message
>> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
>> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
>> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
>> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
>> her with?

How about one of those robot roomba vacuums? Those things look pretty cool.
Or will you get killed for giving her an appliance?
November 10, 2004 2:26:37 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

"Marcus McDonald" <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote in message
> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with tech-
> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

Jewelry. Haven't been married long, have you?
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 6:38:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <MPG.1bf995b8482e26c49896a2@news.GTE.net>, Marcus McDonald
<URL:mailto:Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com> wrote:

> I must have the Tungsten... What can I tempt
> her with?

Google for "Rampant Rabbit". You will be able to get anything you like after
that, I'm reliably informed. :-)

November 10, 2004 10:33:54 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

Marcus McDonald <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote:
>allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
>her.

Yeah, besides the old standby (jewelry), the iPod is a pretty good
bet. Why not let her find something she wants?
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 11:18:53 PM

"Alan" <alan@erols.com> wrote in news:2vetpvF2jumn8U1@uni-berlin.de:

> "Marcus McDonald" <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote in
message
>> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
>> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get
for
>> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with
tech-
>> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I
tempt
>> her with?
>
> Jewelry. Haven't been married long, have you?

Jewelry is always a good call, but have one of her friends or her sister
help you pick it out. 99% of the time when a guy buys jewelry alone, the
woman doesn't like it and only pretends she does. It's a fact. You're
wife won't agree with me because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings,
but ask your sister.

My husband knows he'd be killed if he tried to foist a vacuum on me, but
I'd definitely be tempted by a robot vacuum as a gadget. That's the
female opinion. I already have a T3 and I'm pretty satisfied with that,
so I am not all that excited about the T5.
November 10, 2004 11:18:54 PM

"Erica" <erica_kholod@lycos.com> wrote in message
> "Alan" <alan@erols.com> wrote in news:2vetpvF2jumn8U1@uni-berlin.de:
>

> > "Marcus McDonald" <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote in
> message
> >> I'm dying for the new Tungsten T5 but my wife insists that I'm not
> >> allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get
> for
> >> her. Are there any women out there who can help me out? Men with
> tech-
> >> happy wives or girlfriends? I must have the Tungsten... What can I
> tempt
> >> her with?
> >
> > Jewelry. Haven't been married long, have you?
> >

> Jewelry is always a good call, but have one of her friends or her sister
> help you pick it out. 99% of the time when a guy buys jewelry alone, the
> woman doesn't like it and only pretends she does. It's a fact. You're
> wife won't agree with me because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings,
> but ask your sister.
>
> My husband knows he'd be killed if he tried to foist a vacuum on me, but
> I'd definitely be tempted by a robot vacuum as a gadget. That's the
> female opinion. I already have a T3 and I'm pretty satisfied with that,
> so I am not all that excited about the T5.

In my case, my wife will tell me if she doesn't like it, which is fine with
me. And after 23 years, I know what she likes- most of the time.
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 11:48:25 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

In article <NIukd.23148$KJ6.427@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Erica <erica_kholod@lycos.com> wrote:

> Jewelry is always a good call, but have one of her friends or her sister
> help you pick it out. 99% of the time when a guy buys jewelry alone, the
> woman doesn't like it and only pretends she does. It's a fact. You're
> wife won't agree with me because she doesn't want to hurt your feelings,
> but ask your sister.

Interesting. I never would have thought of that. But hey, I'm just a
guy so what do I know? ;-) But thanks for the tip. I will remember
that one. I *always* let my wife make the aesthetic decisions such as
what color to paint a room, style of furniture, etc. And I don't mind
because she is far better at that sort of thing than I.

> My husband knows he'd be killed if he tried to foist a vacuum on me, but
> I'd definitely be tempted by a robot vacuum as a gadget.

Surely you knew that was in jest. Yes, of course you did.

> That's the
> female opinion.

Thanks for providing it. We males need help with these things
(seriously!).

Regards,

-Doug
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 12:00:19 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.palmtops.]
[Top posting fixed]
> "Jack" <jackj1//hates spam//@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>> Mine loves her new pencil!! A couple of years ago, I gave her some
>> paper which she thought was a ridiculous gift. Then, last year I gave
>> her a pencil. Now, she uses both gifts every day. Her friends think
>> she is the high-tech queen.
>>
>> I'm going to try to find one of those pencil sharpeners for this
>> Christmas.
>>
>> Jack

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:00:23 -0000, Kevin I Chapple
<kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
> Jack,
>
> Don't s'pose you've considered some "rubbers" as well??
>
>:-)

You mean the word "rubbers" as used in the UK, I presume? :)

--
The people of Ohio didn't stand in line for ten hours, in the rain, to
vote for the status quo.

In article <NIukd.23148$KJ6.427@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Erica <erica_kholod@lycos.com> wrote:
>Jewelry is always a good call, but have one of her friends or her sister
>help you pick it out. 99% of the time when a guy buys jewelry alone, the
[snip]

>My husband knows he'd be killed if he tried to foist a vacuum on me, but
>I'd definitely be tempted by a robot vacuum as a gadget. [snip]

you're right that vacuum cleaner does not count as a "gift"! neither do
household appliances. (except those restaurant grade gas range. i really want
one) :-)

you guys got me thinking now. i got a digital camera last year + few GPSs. &
i don't feel like upgrading PDA so frequently. i think i like a small laptop
for browing in bed, or another (nice) fountain pen. or really long leather
boots (above knees).

regards,

Pam @ Home

Cort Furniture Rental and Honesty are two exclusive concepts.
Anonymous
November 11, 2004 3:49:07 AM

<William P.N. Smith> wrote in message
> Marcus McDonald <Marcus_hatesspamMcDonald@techie.com > wrote:
> >allowed any new gadgets until I find an equally enticing one to get for
> >her.
>
> Yeah, besides the old standby (jewelry), the iPod is a pretty good
> bet. Why not let her find something she wants?

I'd get her a T-5 to go with yours. Or a new laptop. An iPod?
girls like gadgets, too.

Ruby
Anonymous
November 14, 2004 5:34:19 AM

Why of course....Bill

(and apologies for delay in replying. Been on holiday.. Or was that
"vacation"??

Cheers

:-)

"Bill Marcum" <bmarcum@iglou.com.urgent> wrote in message
> ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.palmtops.]
> [Top posting fixed]
> > "Jack" <jackj1//hates spam//@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> >> Mine loves her new pencil!! A couple of years ago, I gave her some
> >> paper which she thought was a ridiculous gift. Then, last year I gave
> >> her a pencil. Now, she uses both gifts every day. Her friends think
> >> she is the high-tech queen.
> >>
> >> I'm going to try to find one of those pencil sharpeners for this
> >> Christmas.
> >>
> >> Jack
> >>
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:00:23 -0000, Kevin I Chapple
> <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote:
> > Jack,
> >
> > Don't s'pose you've considered some "rubbers" as well??
> >
> >:-)
> >
> You mean the word "rubbers" as used in the UK, I presume? :)
>

> --
> The people of Ohio didn't stand in line for ten hours, in the rain, to
> vote for the status quo.
November 18, 2004 12:17:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.palmtops,comp.sys.palmtops.pilot (More info?)

If your house is fairly clean,not cluttered, and you have pets go for
the Roomba Red. Amazon has them for $125. It will serve as an entry
point to technology. It's dynamite for cleaning up small particles
(won't pick up golf balls).
It also has great expansion capabilities. You can probably control it
from your new T5.
You can buy more "accessories" for later gifts, such as a self
charging base station. Then when you've used your T5 to control it
for a year you can hand the T5 down to her and get a T6.

!