hey Wayne...overlay vs. the real thing - repro pfs

had a long chat (ain't they always) with Bill Davis. Told him about the
possibility of the new repro pfs being overlays that are cleared over.
Boy did he lay into me about it!
What's the reasoning behind an overlay vs. screen-printing right onto the
wood?
I think Bill knows what he's talking about, when he expresses his concern
that you might run into alot of problems down the road if it's not done
properly. Adhesion, plastic primer, chemical reactions between inks and
automotive clear, etc.

Wayne, if you're reading this....give Bill (815-968-9530) a call and listen
to the man, he's been doing this for a while.
And consider running regular pfs, similar to OEM.

I must have missed this. Is Wayne actually intending to use overlays
for his repro playfields?

I agree, there is no way a plastic sheet clearcoated will last as long
as inked wood with clearcoat. IMO

Why do you think Wayne will make overlays ? There has never been any
information about that. LTG :)

"pincredible" <mrjmross@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> had a long chat (ain't they always) with Bill Davis. Told him about the
> possibility of the new repro pfs being overlays that are cleared over.
> Boy did he lay into me about it!
> What's the reasoning behind an overlay vs. screen-printing right onto the
> wood?
> I think Bill knows what he's talking about, when he expresses his concern
> that you might run into alot of problems down the road if it's not done
> properly. Adhesion, plastic primer, chemical reactions between inks and
> automotive clear, etc.
>
> Wayne, if you're reading this....give Bill (815-968-9530) a call and
listen
> to the man, he's been doing this for a while.
> And consider running regular pfs, similar to OEM.

Is this a rumor or fact? I know personaly if he was thinking of using
overlays on his playfields I won't be a customer. I was going to snap a MM
and AFM playfield up immediatly, guarrenteed sale from me, but not if this
is the case.

I guess we will have to see.

There will never be an overlay marketed as a reproduction. Williams will
never allow it.
Playfields are screen printed onto wood. I am quite confident that Wayne
will only bring quality parts to the table.

Greg

> had a long chat (ain't they always) with Bill Davis. Told him about the
> possibility of the new repro pfs being overlays that are cleared over.
> Boy did he lay into me about it!
> What's the reasoning behind an overlay vs. screen-printing right onto the
> wood?
> I think Bill knows what he's talking about, when he expresses his concern
> that you might run into alot of problems down the road if it's not done
> properly. Adhesion, plastic primer, chemical reactions between inks and
> automotive clear, etc.
>
> Wayne, if you're reading this....give Bill (815-968-9530) a call and
> listen to the man, he's been doing this for a while.
> And consider running regular pfs, similar to OEM.

> Told him about the
> possibility of the new repro pfs being overlays that are cleared over.

Maybe you should fill us all in on how you came upon this info, before
everybody freaks out.

if I'm not too terribly mistaken, I believe this came directly from Wayne in
one of his first Sunday Night live chats.

Jesse may be able to provide exact quotes...maybe Martin can too.

"Skeets" <seventh_fooNOSPAM@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> Told him about the
>> possibility of the new repro pfs being overlays that are cleared over.
>
> Maybe you should fill us all in on how you came upon this info, before
> everybody freaks out.

No idea where you got that from

We will not be doing any Overlays at all Period!!

Wayne Gillard
www.pinball.com

More completely basisless claims...!!

Pincredible - here is a link to the entire chat.. find the text were Wayne
said he would make overlays? When you have your facts straight, then post
again..!!

http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/6572f754ee3609de/cfd4011fc1b3b66f?q=wayne+chat&rnum=1&hl=en#cfd4011fc1b3b66f

> if I'm not too terribly mistaken, I believe this came directly from Wayne
> in one of his first Sunday Night live chats.
>
> Jesse may be able to provide exact quotes...maybe Martin can too.

"baseless", Hoop :)

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

bill

Thanks for blasting that rumer Wayne.
I'm looking forward to getting a new Funhouse playfield.
Will it be diamond plated?
Bill

Actually, that's a very good question! Wayne, did you also obtain rights
to use the Diamond Plate process and logo? Or are you using a different
clearing process?