Sign in with
Your question

PC stuck at \windows is loading files and keeps reapeating its self

Last response: in Windows 7
November 4, 2012 3:37:59 PM

my laptop fel andwhen i put it on it keeps going in windows is loading files then when it is finish it goes on the laptop starting page and goes back on windows is loading files
a b \ Driver
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 3:54:53 PM

Sounds like the hard drive took a hit and may not be working correctly or sonething is loose maybe a cable has loosened up and because it's a lap top that may be hard to find. You might have to take it to a repair shop and get an estimate for repair.
m
l
November 4, 2012 4:48:10 PM

Check and reseat your memory..

windows boot loop usually happens because of memory error..
m
l
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 4, 2012 5:24:56 PM

kadeem said:
my laptop fel andwhen i put it on it keeps going in windows is loading files then when it is finish it goes on the laptop starting page and goes back on windows is loading files

mechanical hard drives head servo positioning motors get out of alignment with the magnetic sector markers on the spinning disk. This can be a slow process with wear in the bearings of the spinning disk or can be a rapid process if you drop the drive. In any case when it is out of alignment, the servo will try to put the head where it thinks it put the sector markers and when it does not find it where it expects then it will retry (it might move the head slightly and retry). It is the retrying over and over for each sector that is very slow until it give up and returns a failure error. Sometimes you can plug in another drive, and attempt to recover data from the old drive. Sometimes the drive will be fine after a low level format that puts down new sector markers on the magnetic disk. in effect
realigning the head's servo motor positions with the disk sector marker locations.

from the OS perspective it is a memory error if you can not read the data from the OS drive into memory because the drive is bad or if the memory is unseated.
if the memory is unseated you might get a bad memory count or corruption that results in a bugcheck in windows.

it can not hurt to reseat the memory.

Your fix depend on how much you value the data on the drive.
if low value wipe the drive but make sure you don't do a quick format. Do a full format if you can. but, if you are going to wipe the drive, you would be better served to go SSD for a laptop If you can.
m
l
!