Using ALT + TAB with multiple Excel workbooks

August 24, 2005 6:53:08 AM

Just had a new PC at work, gone from 2000 to XP. In 2000 when I had multiple
workbooks open and used ALT + TAB there would just be one icon for Excel, now
there's one for each workbook I have open. Just had 8 open at once so finding
my way around is a pain, know there will probably be just a box to tick
somewhere, but damned if I can find it! Anyone else know where to change this
setting?

Cheers!
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 10:22:21 AM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:53:08 -0700, Pat van Aalst wrote:

> Just had a new PC at work, gone from 2000 to XP. In 2000 when I had multiple
> workbooks open and used ALT + TAB there would just be one icon for Excel, now
> there's one for each workbook I have open. Just had 8 open at once so finding
> my way around is a pain, know there will probably be just a box to tick
> somewhere, but damned if I can find it! Anyone else know where to change this
> setting?

In Excel select Tools, Options. On the View tab remove the check from
Windows in Taskbar and click OK. Once you make this change you will only
see one Excel icon in the taskbar and in the ALT+TAB list. Within Excel
you can then use CTRL+TAB to cycle through the open workbooks.
--
Tom Porterfield
MS-MVP Windows