Sign in with
Your question

CPU & MB Temp

Last response: in CPUs
August 1, 2003 1:30:47 AM

i was wondering if there is a software where i can check what the temperatures are on my mb & cpu, besides on my BIOS.

if anyone know were i can download one for FREE please write back
[question]

:cool: <font color=green>
The Ultimate Video Processor:
GeForceFX + Radeon + Parhelia = "Radeohelia FX"
</font color=green> :cool:

More about : cpu temp

August 1, 2003 2:07:43 AM

<A HREF="http://mbm.livewiredev.com/" target="_new">Motherboard Monitor</A> should work if your motherboard supports it. I use it, it works pretty well.
Related resources
August 1, 2003 5:42:19 AM

isn't that program provided with your motherboard?

-[A.M.D]-
August 1, 2003 7:23:14 AM

sometimes yes sometimes no...but i have found that most that come with the board read inacurate readings...

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
August 1, 2003 11:46:26 AM

Sandra is not a good way to get temp reading:
1. It is a benchmarking tool;
1. It mess up all my sensor, example: it reads the system temp as CPU temp, my power fan as CPU fan;
2. MBM 5 is way better than Sandra, and is free.

If I agree with you... will you shut up?
<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=22996" target="_new">My System Rig</A>
August 1, 2003 12:06:08 PM

Yes, I've heard that but you can correlate or verify the Sandra does provide info by booting into the Bios. I have found it accurate for me.

The loving are the daring!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Flinx on 08/01/03 08:06 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 1, 2003 1:46:04 PM

I find sandra accurate, and the free version DOES have the temps stuff, as that's what I use.

Actually, thinking about it, I'm not sure whether it reports System temperature as well as CPU temp. definitely does CPU though.

MBM5 reports everything as 127C, no matter what I do... Worked on my old mobo, but it's totally off on my current one.

---
$hit Happens. I just wish it would happen to someone else for a change.
August 1, 2003 3:12:03 PM

Sandra sucks for me ;-) ... gave me chipset temps of 472 clecius, you do the math!

Motherboard monitor is good and free.

We have always been here.

<b>XP2100+, 1Gb RAM, ASUS A7N8X, PNY 64Mb Ti4200. :cool:
August 1, 2003 6:29:49 PM

Quote:
472 celcius

LOL! sure your HSF hadn't fallen off? :lol: 

---
$hit Happens. I just wish it would happen to someone else for a change.
August 1, 2003 6:35:31 PM

on my intel seatle 440bx-2 board it would read a cpu temp of -117c or something...so i guess cooling is a mindset...if you think your cpu is running cool it will run cool...you just have to control it with your brain waves...at least thats what i did...

3 386DX-25's...12 volts...glue some ln2 and a wicked amount of overclocking and you get a willamantee minus 36 pins, 33.75 million transistors and a couple hundred mhz... :cool:
!