Status
Not open for further replies.

aivarscirulis

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
I just bought vga to 3rca cable to connect my laptop to tv. The colors on the 3rca end doesnt match the sockets on tv, so i dont know witch color is for video witch is for audio. tried to connect them " cris-cros" didnt work. please help

Maye sure you are going to composite and not component

For instance

Composite should be

Red - Audio Right
White - Audio Left
Yellow - Video

Component would be video only(It does not have to be HD, but is more common with HD TV's) and NO audio. For audio you run the red and white audio cables or another audio source(Digital ect)

Green - Y = (brightness) and sync information.
Blue - PB/CB = difference between blue and luma (B − Y)
Red - PR/CR =difference between red and luma (R − Y)

They need to match on both sides

You CAN use the component cables(not run component into composite) for composite video/audio. just use the same colors on both ends.

aivarscirulis

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010

Thanks for reply. The cable has blue, red and green. Tv has white, red and yellow. Does that mean they are not compatible? If so is there any chance to get them work? Thanks in advance.

Please list the specs for your laptop.

As it stands, that device will not do what you need it to.

They make boxes that convert VGA(D-sub) to Composite, but they are pricey and need there own power source.

Depending on your video card, you may be able to get a passive(no power needed) cable that allows you to get the yellow composite cable(and normally a S-video cable as well) out of the video card, either way, audio will come from your sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.