EM help needed! Chicago coin blue max pin.

I have been asked by a friend to take a look a his pinball machine a
chicago coin Blue Max em, He has told me that the game plays fine but
after a while one of the score reals starts to run by itself? The
problem is I am a solid state guy , other than looking at the inside of
an em, I have never worked on one, any ideas would be appreciated,
Willy

You should have a few relays usually located in the head that controls
the 10, 100, & 1000 etc score reels. Check to see if the relay contacts
are set too close. It could also be something on the playfield sticking
causing it to score.

Hope this helps
Chas