Connection Drop with Linksys Router

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

My Microsoft wireless-g USB adapter often drops the
connection with my Linksys wireless-g router. Is this the
result of some incompatability or why is this happening?

Hi,

The Microsoft Wireless G USB Adapter shouldn't have any issues with your
Linksys Wireless Access Point/Router.
You may be experiencing interference with neighbouring 2.4GHz devices such
as microwaves, 2.4GHz cordless phones, video receiver/transceivers and so
on. Try experimenting with your Linksys Access Point settings and try
changing to different channels and see if the problem persists.

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User