My C drive is really fragmented. When I use the defragmenter tool in Windows
XP Home Ed it does very little to deframent the drive. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.
--
Jim D.

Malke

Jim D. wrote:

> My C drive is really fragmented. When I use the defragmenter tool in
> Windows XP Home Ed it does very little to deframent the drive. Any
> help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do your defrag in Safe Mode. To get to Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8
key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the right
menu.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Jim D. wrote:
> My C drive is really fragmented. When I use the defragmenter tool in Windows
> XP Home Ed it does very little to deframent the drive. Any help would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

You probably need a better defrag tool. Consider looking into
PerfectDisk from Raxco - more info at
http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/.
--
Tom Porterfield