Defragmenter

My C drive is really fragmented. When I use the defragmenter tool in Windows
XP Home Ed it does very little to deframent the drive. Any help would be
appreciated. Thanks.
--
Jim D.
2 answers Last reply

    Jim D. wrote:

    > My C drive is really fragmented. When I use the defragmenter tool in
    > Windows XP Home Ed it does very little to deframent the drive. Any
    > help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    Do your defrag in Safe Mode. To get to Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8
    key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the right
    menu.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Jim D. wrote:
    > My C drive is really fragmented. When I use the defragmenter tool in Windows
    > XP Home Ed it does very little to deframent the drive. Any help would be
    > appreciated. Thanks.

    You probably need a better defrag tool. Consider looking into
    PerfectDisk from Raxco - more info at
    http://www.raxco.com/products/perfectdisk2k/.
    --
    Tom Porterfield