Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 activation key free

Last response: in Windows 7
November 4, 2012 8:48:17 PM

Hello,
My new motherboard is EFI and uses GPT partitioning. Will any of the systems on the left work with GPT? Most of the ones I have seen require MBR to close out and that is not available on this board. Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H with Dual UEFI BIOS.
a b $ Windows 7
a b V Motherboard
November 4, 2012 9:32:53 PM

Your thread title and opening post don't match. What is it you're asking?

Give me a free key? No, that's illegal, it's against forum rules and we don't do that here.

Can you install Windows to a motherboard running a UEFI bios? Yes, the operating system installation disc will install Windows onto your hard drive any way it needs to. You may be limited to a 2TB boot drive though.
m
l
November 4, 2012 9:35:19 PM

calcaded said:
Hello,
My new motherboard is EFI and uses GPT partitioning. Will any of the systems on the left work with GPT? Most of the ones I have seen require MBR to close out and that is not available on this board. Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H with Dual UEFI BIOS.

I think I may have left out a few important points. When I started to load Win 7 (new copy, unused) in my new unit, it kept hanging up. So I sought help and was told that a large RAM (machine has 32 gig) can cause this, so I removed all but 8 gig, but it still wouldn't load all the way. I reformated the primary drive and tried some more. Success this time. Activated Win 7 and thought I was done but 2 weeks ago, Microsoft started yelping for me to Activate. Sure enough, when I checked it was not activated anymore and Msoft now says my 25 digit key is blocked. I stumbled onto your site looking for help and it sure sounded like you could help. Guess not!
m
l
Related resources
November 4, 2012 9:51:28 PM

pauls3743 said:
Your thread title and opening post don't match. What is it you're asking?

Give me a free key? No, that's illegal, it's against forum rules and we don't do that here.

Can you install Windows to a motherboard running a UEFI bios? Yes, the operating system installation disc will install Windows onto your hard drive any way it needs to. You may be limited to a 2TB boot drive though.

What does "Windows 7 activation key free" mean, anyway? This is a fresh , new copy of Win 7 and I can't activate it. I don't need an expert forum to tell me to buy a new key -- Msoft already did that!
m
l
a c 209 $ Windows 7
a c 93 V Motherboard
November 4, 2012 10:05:57 PM

Quote:
What does "Windows 7 activation key free" mean, anyway?
you have that on the title.

call microsoft.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950929
m
l
!