I have tried sp2 for over a year. I am going back to sp1.
0xc0000005

I get this error when selecting muiltple files.
Also, Easyzip does not work correctly
Everytime I put a cd in, it crashes xp and have to do a hard boot.

Yes, I checked the system for spyware, adaware, and virus protection.

Greg Ro

I'm sure this is not a SP1 to SP2 problem. My guess is that you are receiving
a hardware failure or bad memory crash code. Check and see if your memory is
bad and check your CD player for possible hardware failure.

"Greg Ro" wrote:

> I have tried sp2 for over a year. I am going back to sp1.
> 0xc0000005
>
> I get this error when selecting muiltple files.
> Also, Easyzip does not work correctly
> Everytime I put a cd in, it crashes xp and have to do a hard boot.
>
> Yes, I checked the system for spyware, adaware, and virus protection.
>

> Greg Ro

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:11:09 -0700, "T.S."
<TS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm sure this is not a SP1 to SP2 problem. My guess is that you are receiving
>a hardware failure or bad memory crash code. Check and see if your memory is
>bad and check your CD player for possible hardware failure.
>
>"Greg Ro" wrote:
>
>> I have tried sp2 for over a year. I am going back to sp1.
>> 0xc0000005
>>
>> I get this error when selecting muiltple files.
>> Also, Easyzip does not work correctly
>> Everytime I put a cd in, it crashes xp and have to do a hard boot.
>>
>> Yes, I checked the system for spyware, adaware, and virus protection.
>>

>> Greg Ro

I read some systems need a special ntldr patch?

That fixes sometime fix that error

I have xp sp2 and can go backup to xp sp1 at anytime.

Anywhere I can download that?

Greg Ro

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:24:04 -0500, GregRo <webworm11@lycosy.com>
wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:11:09 -0700, "T.S."
><TS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm sure this is not a SP1 to SP2 problem. My guess is that you are receiving
>>a hardware failure or bad memory crash code. Check and see if your memory is
>>bad and check your CD player for possible hardware failure.
>>
>>"Greg Ro" wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried sp2 for over a year. I am going back to sp1.
>>> 0xc0000005
>>>
>>> I get this error when selecting muiltple files.
>>> Also, Easyzip does not work correctly
>>> Everytime I put a cd in, it crashes xp and have to do a hard boot.
>>>
>>> Yes, I checked the system for spyware, adaware, and virus protection.
>>>

>>> Greg Ro

Here is more info

explorer.exe
modever 6.0.2900.2716
appver 6.0.2900.2526
Modname shlwapi.dll

Update problem fixed. Caused by eazyzip program.

This may also be the caused way it crashing xp after I burn a cd.

The dll for eazyzip is the same name as xp zip dll.

I really liked that program :(

I may try the compatibility option.

Greg Ro