Hdmi video no mouse no keyboard

So can you be more specific as to your problem . the title of your post just says Hdmi video no mouse no keyboard but on the body of your quetion you say your trying to getvideo from the onboard graphics chip. So if your pluging in the HDMI cable to your motherboard from the monitor , your not getting video ? Where does the mouse and keyboard come iin ?

stanley_park

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Thanx for replying . . .
My onboard graphics supports VGA, DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort. My new monitor also has all of those connections. I have only been able to get a signal displayed on my monitor through the VGA input and, after hours of frustration, the HDMI input. BUT, when I choose the HDMI input my mouse and keyboard input is ignored. So all I have is a lovely Windows 7 logo page. When I use the monitor OSD to choose the DVI or DisplayPort input all I get is a brief popup saying "no input found". Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome.

stanley_park

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
Good idea. (Can you tell this is my first time posting?)

CPU . . . . . . AMD A8-3870 3.0 GHz quad core
MB . . . . . . . ASUS FA75-V EVO
PSU . . . . . . 500 W
Graphics . . . integrated Radeon HD6000 (VGA, DVI, HDMI & DisplayPort)
RAM . . . . . . 16 Gigs DDR3 - 1600 MHz
OS . . . . . . . Win 7 Pro
Monitor . . . . ASUS PA248Q

Last time I installed a monitor there was only one way to do it. Foolproof.

By getting the display with a vga cable does mean that the graphics is working but there is a problem with the other ports and I would have suggested a bad cable but if by using HDMI,DVI and Display Port you are having issues it not likely you have three bad cables. So that leaves the motherboard and if there is no option in the bios to change ports then I would have to say that the motherboard has defective ports and depending on how long you have had the computer you can try the tech support of the motherboard. If you are going to have to RMS the board you will need a support ticket anyway.

Ok first thing did you change the display's input to HDMI? To go from VGA to HDMI there should be a button on the monitor that allows you to switch between inputs. As you said it would work on VGA so to go to HDMI change the monitor to HDMI that should do it for you.

TRENDING THREADS