Tech: Early Bally Solid State

I posted this some time ago but I have yet to find an answer. I am
getting the flicker and five flashes from a Bally AS-2518-17 MPU. I
have checked and changed the associated IC and resistor. Does anybody
have any ideas?
TIA

repeat after me closed frame brown/black sockets are bad! replace them.
the problem you have is related to u11. 90% of the boards I repair are
cause of bad solder through holes. I bet you $$'s that is your problem.
They are right in the corrosion area!

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 13 Jul 2005 22:32:57 -0700, taxman_300@yahoo.com wrote:

>I posted this some time ago but I have yet to find an answer. I am
>getting the flicker and five flashes from a Bally AS-2518-17 MPU. I
>have checked and changed the associated IC and resistor. Does anybody
>have any ideas?
>TIA

Which game?

The game is Eight Ball. The sockets that I have are brown but they are
not the same closed frame brown sockets that some of the tech sights
show pics of. I repaired this board up to this point by removing some
small corrossion and repairing the reset section.