No recent shortcuts in start menu

I recently had a virus, i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows
XP, I went on line for updates.

I am not showing anything in the shortcut section of my start menu. I have
gone to properties and it says to show the last 6 programs in the start menu,
but nothing.

What can I do to solve this. I loved my shortcut

Theresa
1 answer Last reply
More about recent shortcuts start menu

    Hi Theresa,

    See if this helps:

    Policy:Disable user tracking Description:Prevents the system from
    remembering the programs run, paths followed, and documents used. Registry
    Value:"NoInstrumentation"

    Policy:Remove frequent programs list from the Start Menu
    Registry Value:"NoStartMenuMFUprogramsList"

    Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q292504

    Frequently Used Programs Not Automatically Added to Start Menu
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q282/0/66.asp

    Check your settings here: Start/Run/Regedit

    Note: This setting only applies to the Windows XP Start Menu, not the
    Classic Start Menu.

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    Policies\Explorer

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
    Policies\Explorer

    If you have this Value Name: NoStartMenuMFUprogramsList change the Value
    Data to 0 or delete the Value Name.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "computingtlc@yahoo.com" <computingtlcyahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:9E86CD6B-24B0-4CFA-A6AF-5DF1FE3E8EB4@microsoft.com...
    >I recently had a virus, i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled
    >windows
    > XP, I went on line for updates.
    >
    > I am not showing anything in the shortcut section of my start menu. I have
    > gone to properties and it says to show the last 6 programs in the start
    > menu,
    > but nothing.
    >
    > What can I do to solve this. I loved my shortcut
    >
    > Theresa

Virus Start Menu Microsoft Hard Drives Windows XP