No recent shortcuts in start menu

I recently had a virus, i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows
XP, I went on line for updates.

I am not showing anything in the shortcut section of my start menu. I have
gone to properties and it says to show the last 6 programs in the start menu,
but nothing.

What can I do to solve this. I loved my shortcut

Theresa

kelly

Hi Theresa,

See if this helps:

Policy:Disable user tracking Description:prevents the system from
remembering the programs run, paths followed, and documents used. Registry
Value:"NoInstrumentation"

Policy:Remove frequent programs list from the Start Menu
Registry Value:"NoStartMenuMFUprogramsList"

Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q292504

Frequently Used Programs Not Automatically Added to Start Menu
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q282/0/66.asp

Check your settings here: Start/Run/Regedit

Note: This setting only applies to the Windows XP Start Menu, not the
Classic Start Menu.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer

If you have this Value Name: NoStartMenuMFUprogramsList change the Value
Data to 0 or delete the Value Name.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"computingtlc@yahoo.com" <computingtlcyahoocom@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:9E86CD6B-24B0-4CFA-A6AF-5DF1FE3E8EB4@microsoft.com...
>I recently had a virus, i reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled
>windows
> XP, I went on line for updates.
>
> I am not showing anything in the shortcut section of my start menu. I have
> gone to properties and it says to show the last 6 programs in the start
> menu,
> but nothing.
>
> What can I do to solve this. I loved my shortcut
>
> Theresa

TRENDING THREADS