Can i still go back to xp

Tags:
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 5, 2012 1:07:14 AM

Hello,
I would like to go back xp..i had a stroke in 2010 and thougt i needed Dragon to speed up my way of
'speaking" ..i now have a SAMSUNG 3 that i love AND i is sooo great..one hand is not working on the keyboard. so i use the ss3 for all things..so,, i gavw windows 7,,HP ,, Any help?? thanks!

More about : back

November 5, 2012 1:18:14 AM

Yes you can but it will require an XP installation disc w/ serial number, and you will need to "move" any saved documents and reinstall your programs. Basically start from scratch.

edit: I'm guessing you don't like the new Win7 interface, I don't either. I use a program called "Classic Start Menu" that makes it more like XP. Might be easier.
m
l
November 5, 2012 1:33:26 AM

I would recommend trying 3rd-party software to make Win7 more like Win xp. MS plans on axing all support for Win xp by 2014 spring, and I don't think you want to downgrade and then upgrade again in less than 2 years.
m
l
November 12, 2012 12:10:14 AM

I CANNOT CHOOSE A OR BEST ANSWER,,THANK YOU FOR BOTH,,,I STILL WILL HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE WHO CAN COME TO MY HOME AS I AM A HANDS OWN PERSON..AND REMEMBER,,WATCH YOUR BP,,,PLEASE!!
m
l
!