NAVL story: Take two

Last response: in Video Games
July 14, 2005 8:01:31 AM

Let me try this again ...

The only reason I posted this yesterday was because I have been hearing
a lot of good things about NAVL lately (some deserved) and I had gotten
complacent and figured you could actually trust them most if not all of
the time

This is only a warning to others

Yesterday, I had a couple of things to do during the day, so I was out
when I got a call from NAVL that my Elvis pin shipment was on the way
from Lee Conklin.

Anyway, it is about 115 degrees here in Arizona and I am really busy,
so I figure I will just let my wife handle the shipment and pay for the
delivery

At the last second, I decided to drive home and make sure things went
smoothly

As I got home, I noticed the local NAVL truck (no problem so far)

BUT ....

When I pulled in, I found the Elvis pin laying on it's belly in the
driveway with no packing material

NOTHING ....

and that is the way it was shipped

The guys didn't want to bring it in the house and I ended up dragging
it into the garage

Bad situation ....

I couldn't much argue with them, because the sun here in Arizona can
fade a pin in a matter of minutes. It was one of those get it inside
fast situations.

I only post this so others don't get complacent that NAVL always has
their act together and trusts others to take their deliveries (people
can't always be at the house)

I filed a complaint with the local NAVL office and I am trying to get
someone out here

that's all

just a warning to others and yes NAVL is usually very good, but one
shipment with a pin only being protected by the cabinet decals and you
have to start thinking again

gary

More about : navl story

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:09:37 AM

One other note:

I paid $333 for the delivery and NAVL was supposed to wrap it, not Lee

so they just totally screwed up

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:20:51 AM

Pin,

With your attitude I see how you slaughtered your Ebay record TWICE

TWICE

gary
July 14, 2005 9:22:50 AM

Well, I believe your problem lies with
the shipper, ("Lee"). It is foolish to
assume that _any_ shipping/moving company
would take the time to wrap anything.

Only black mark on the shipping/moving
company was accepting the machine that
way for shipment. They really should
require some type of covering or protection.

It is most fortunate that your game received
no damage.

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
===================================

gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:
> One other note:
>
> I paid $333 for the delivery and NAVL was supposed to wrap it, not Lee
>
> so they just totally screwed up
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:27:46 AM

For the $333 NAVL is supposed to wrap and protect

I think someone at the shipping center was playing the thing

Lee is a good guy ...

This is why you see a lot of people saying "local sales only" and "no
shipping"

Keep in mind NAVL shipped pins for about $250 18 months ago, the new
higher prices deserve better service in my opinion

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:31:15 AM

By the way, NAVL confirmed that they screwed up on this

I am only posting this stuff, so people don't do what I almost did
yesterday and that is trust NAVL enough to not be there for delivery

that is my only point here ...

take care ...

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:39:15 AM

Doesn't matter. Sometimes. *I'm*
a 'good guy', too....

It is a giant leap of faith that
anyone, anywhere is always going
to do what they say. Still, everyone
is fortunate that things still turned
out well.

I don't believe I'd ship anything either
if I was going to worry about it that
much.

As far as price is concerned, what other
choices do you have?! At least items shipped
through them, _MAKE_IT_TO THE DESTINATION! ;)

Fred
TX
CARGPB#8
====================

gpct...@yahoo.com wrote:
> For the $333 NAVL is supposed to wrap and protect
>
> I think someone at the shipping center was playing the thing
>
> Lee is a good guy ...
>
> This is why you see a lot of people saying "local sales only" and "no
> shipping"
>
> Keep in mind NAVL shipped pins for about $250 18 months ago, the new
> higher prices deserve better service in my opinion
>
> gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:47:45 AM

Do the cabinet decals count as "cardboard wrapping"?

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:52:29 AM

Guys, the best way to ship ...

is ON LEGS

and then wrap the heck out of the machine

that way the NAVL guy has something to grap on to and you don't get the
fork lift and such involved

I have done it both ways and I feel much safer with a pin coming ON
LEGS

FYI for everyone

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:56:33 AM

> I ended up dragging it into the garage

For petes sake Gary, go to Home Depot and buy a $79 Appliance Dolly.
There is no excuse for anyone with more than one pin to not have one.

Sounds like you probably did more damage then he did. Curious: is it
still in the garage where you left it?

Barry - NY
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:58:39 AM

You are right

it is a local guy that took the hand off from NAVL

I think you are right about the wrapping coming off in Phoenix

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:59:54 AM

I have all that stuff (dolly and such)

It is still in the garage ...

They are coming today (hopefully) to look at it ...

gary
July 14, 2005 10:47:58 AM

I used the Monkeys at NAVL once.. I would rather drive 3000 miles than
let them ship anything for me again... I "Tried" to use Eric's
Shipping once...and after two months of waiting he "forgot" and drove
past my pickup. "I can get it in two more months".. um...forget it.

How I wish GameMover was still around. A quality "safe" way to move a
machine...

Jono
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:50:07 AM

> is that how you had your kid? to cheap to buy the wife some pills or a
> bulb cover?

That is truly funny :)  Bulb Cover!!!! haven't heard that in a while :)
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:14:10 AM

<insert anyone's name here> is a heck of a lot smarter than me

For once I agree with Gary... OMG!

John!
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:41:18 AM

OK, let's end this

I agree with you freaks

It is a shame the machine wasn't totally destroyed

sick, sick, sick

jealous over nothing and sick

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:57:56 AM

On 14 Jul 2005 04:09:37 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>One other note:
>
>I paid $333 for the delivery and NAVL was supposed to wrap it, not Lee
>
>so they just totally screwed up
>
>gary

no they didn't, they just SCREWED YOU!

i like navl that much more now :-)

thanks for letting us all know how upset you are ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
July 14, 2005 1:22:05 PM

I think this is the fastest yet that G*ry has deleted his posts from
Google (they are not really deleted - just deleted from google). Maybe
soon he'll just not post in the first place.

John
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 1:24:48 PM

I'm humiliated to be part of this hate

so I delete

hate, hate, hate

some of you must really hate your lives

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 1:36:37 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 06:06:31 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>Scan down and see what Steve Ritchie says about shipping
>
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6193...
>
>He is a heck of a lot smarter than me
>
>gary

then don't have games shipped to you. shipping is a risk. either take
it or don't. and stop being a cheapass and pay for proper packing.

you know, all this could have been avoided if you weren't so CHEAP.

is that how you had your kid? to cheap to buy the wife some pills or a
bulb cover?

frickin idiot clown

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
July 14, 2005 1:43:23 PM

Just bored at work. By the way your posts will not be deleted for
another two months like all usenet messages. They just aren't visible
on google.

I don't hate you. You share my hobby - that makes you a friend. I'm
not jealous of your collection either. You have some games that I
really like and some I don't. I'd gladly meet you say at California
Extreme and go out for drinks. I just disagree with most of your posts
and don't want any newbees to be misled.

John

gpct...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I'm humiliated to be part of this hate
>
> so I delete
>
> hate, hate, hate
>
> some of you must really hate your lives
>
> gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:55:19 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 07:41:18 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>OK, let's end this
>
>I agree with you freaks
>
>It is a shame the machine wasn't totally destroyed
>
>sick, sick, sick
>
>jealous over nothing and sick
>
>gary

it's the new rgp pastime...

SLAP GARY THE CLOWN UPSIDE HIS HEAD!

dance you sick freak clown!

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
July 14, 2005 4:42:30 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 05:22:50 -0700, "Fred Kemper" <pbgarage@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Well, I believe your problem lies with
>the shipper, ("Lee"). It is foolish to
>assume that _any_ shipping/moving company
>would take the time to wrap anything.
>
> Only black mark on the shipping/moving
>company was accepting the machine that
>way for shipment. They really should
>require some type of covering or protection.
>
> It is most fortunate that your game received
>no damage.

Agreed. I would never ship a game via any means without cardboard
wrapping it at the very least, nor would I purchase a game without
first asking the seller if he will wrap it for me (even at extra
cost).
July 14, 2005 4:53:37 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 04:09:37 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>One other note:
>
>I paid $333 for the delivery and NAVL was supposed to wrap it, not Lee
>
>so they just totally screwed up

They *may* have shipped the game blanket wrapped and unwrapped it
prior to unloading... that's been the case with me many times. I now
meet them at the curb when they arrive and look inside the truck when
they first open the door. (Sometimes it better that you don't look in
there, but in case something is wrong you'll be glad you did.) I also
no longer let them wheel the game up my steep driveway, they've nearly
dumped a couple games due to the slope. I have them leave it at the
curb and I take it from there. Same for games they are picking up...
I bring it to the curb for them.

The drivers that have been to my place, the last 4 times the same
team, are really courteous and obviously know a lot about
moving/hauling but I'm not leaving anything to chance.

As a seller I always cardboard wrap a game before it goes out, and as
a buyer always ask the seller to do the same. To me the blanket wrap
means nothing. I've had way too many close calls. Cardboard isn't
perfect but it's a lot better than a blanket that can be easily
removed.

One last thing to keep in mind: In Phoenix, at least in my case, the
guys that deliver the games are not NAVL employees, they are
contractors. There have been many inconsistencies with my deliveries
and I believe that's part of the reason. NAVL may have wrapped your
game when it left the shipper, but when it got handed off to the local
delivery guys the wrapping came off and was not re-applied. In that
case it's good to file a complaint, maybe the local deliveries will
start to improve on that end.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:35:50 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 09:24:48 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>I'm humiliated to be part of this hate
>
>so I delete
>
>hate, hate, hate
>
>some of you must really hate your lives
>
>gary

i would be humiliated too, nobody likes you here, why don't you just
leave? you seem to like taking a good slapping more than most of the
idiots who have posted here in the past who have come and gone.

tell me this gary, how are you soooo into pinballs and the pinball
scene yet never found rgp? that is the only thing that makes me wonder
about your miserable little existance. how were we able to avoid you
for so long?

i think we all love our lives, we just hate on the trolls in them ;-)

dance troll clown! :-P)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:43:41 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 04:01:31 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>The guys didn't want to bring it in the house and I ended up dragging
>it into the garage

Drag? You -- the self proclaimed God of All Pinball -- don't even own
a handtruck?

You're an asshat. Do you know that?
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:43:42 PM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:43:41 GMT, Pinball <pin@ball.com> wrote:

>On 14 Jul 2005 04:01:31 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>The guys didn't want to bring it in the house and I ended up dragging
>>it into the garage
>
>Drag? You -- the self proclaimed God of All Pinball -- don't even own
>a handtruck?
>
>You're an asshat. Do you know that?

yes, he does.

amazing that he would drag a game across cement. that is what you said
right clown boy gary? what a moron. look, next time find a neighbor to
help you move it if they all don't hate you as well already.

makes me wonder, do garys neighbors think he is an asshat as well? ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 8:47:20 PM

On 14 Jul 2005 09:24:48 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>some of you must really hate your lives

No, but we do hate yours. I'd like to slap your mother.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:51:30 PM

my only fault is posting

God forbid an exchange of info or freedom of speech

I will post whatever I want

gary
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:56:34 PM

gary's diaper reading ability continues to improve:
> OK, let's end this

Okay, go away.

> I agree with you freaks

Self hatred is not always bad.

> It is a shame the machine wasn't totally destroyed

I never said anything about the machine. I feel sorry for them.

> sick, sick, sick
>
> jealous over nothing and sick

Jealous of you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Get over yourself, dude.

John!
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:27:04 PM

> I will post whatever I want

> gary

......and 5 minutes later you will delete whatever it is you posted!!!
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:53:29 PM

I shrink wrapped machine before Navl picked up.(Which I do one all
machines) .Navl driver and helper removed game from my gameroom and
loaded it on there truck.Then they wrapped game in shipping blankets and
strapped to the truck side.I felt they did a very good job on my
end.Some where in truck transfer shrink wrap must have been
removed.Maybe some one had been playing game on some dock ?
I dont understand why every body seems to be mad at Gary ? when nothing
was his fault .

Lee Conklin.
P.O Box 208 Jugg Street
Moravia,New York 13118
http://community.webtv.net/conkl/SomeofCONKS
http://members.tripod.com/~andybauch/magic.html
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:08:23 PM

I'm not mad. The response I made was based
solely on the information he has posted. He first
suggested that you did nothing at all and NAVL
was supposed to wrap the shipment.

It now seems that something as you suggest
must of happened between the time it left you,
and it's delivery to Gary.

It seems his only fault is just posting..... <shrug>

Again, glad he received his pin in good shape,
although "out of the package".

--
Fred
TX

<conkl@webtv.net> wrote in message news:24821-42D6ECE9-1380@storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net...
> I shrink wrapped machine before Navl picked up.(Which I do one all
> machines) .Navl driver and helper removed game from my gameroom and
> loaded it on there truck.Then they wrapped game in shipping blankets and
> strapped to the truck side.I felt they did a very good job on my
> end.Some where in truck transfer shrink wrap must have been
> removed.Maybe some one had been playing game on some dock ?
> I dont understand why every body seems to be mad at Gary ? when nothing
> was his fault .
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:22:09 PM

Ok Gary, you know what? Your posts don't get deleted even from google,
since everyone quotes them in their replies. Seriously, would you stop
deleting them? It just makes it that much harder to read things when
replies pop out of nowhere.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:27:43 PM

I would be glad to stop deleting them

but look ....

I start off with a perfectly decent point and then the hate gets pasted
everywhere

I was just trying to warn people not to fall asleep at the wheel when
it comes to NAVL because some of the drivers are not the best

Steve Ritchie all but said the same thing here today and everyone
kissed up to him

I say it and I get crucified

Here is Lee Conklin, a guy I don't even really know, never did business
with him before, saying I am a good guy to deal with and that I took
his word

He didn't even send me pictures of the game

and yet the freaks say I am a bum and a liar and crook

It is sick ...

My fault for even posting up here, but I like the hobby

I have the sickness for the games

gary
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:07:25 AM

On 14 Jul 2005 19:27:43 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:

>I would be glad to stop deleting them
>
>but look ....
>
>I start off with a perfectly decent point and then the hate gets pasted
>everywhere
>
>I was just trying to warn people not to fall asleep at the wheel when
>it comes to NAVL because some of the drivers are not the best
>
>Steve Ritchie all but said the same thing here today and everyone
>kissed up to him
>
>I say it and I get crucified
>
>Here is Lee Conklin, a guy I don't even really know, never did business
>with him before, saying I am a good guy to deal with and that I took
>his word
>
>He didn't even send me pictures of the game
>
>and yet the freaks say I am a bum and a liar and crook
>
>It is sick ...
>
>My fault for even posting up here, but I like the hobby
>
>I have the sickness for the games
>
>gary

how about you just stop posting and save yourself some time on both
ends posting/deleting and save us all the headaches.

dance clown!

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:48:53 AM

LOL! I can picture a bunch of truckers playing some elvis in the middle of
a rest stop...CLASSIC!

<conkl@webtv.net> wrote in message
>I shrink wrapped machine before Navl picked up.(Which I do one all
> machines) .Navl driver and helper removed game from my gameroom and
> loaded it on there truck.Then they wrapped game in shipping blankets and
> strapped to the truck side.I felt they did a very good job on my
> end.Some where in truck transfer shrink wrap must have been
> removed.Maybe some one had been playing game on some dock ?
> I dont understand why every body seems to be mad at Gary ? when nothing
> was his fault .
>
> Lee Conklin.
> P.O Box 208 Jugg Street
> Moravia,New York 13118
> http://community.webtv.net/conkl/SomeofCONKS
> http://members.tripod.com/~andybauch/magic.html

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 10:59:14 AM

I like how he says that it was 115 degrees out so he figured that he'd let
his wife take care of getting the pinball machine from the movers! What a
man!

"pinlicious" <pinlicious@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 14 Jul 2005 04:09:37 -0700, gpctv02@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>One other note:
>>
>>I paid $333 for the delivery and NAVL was supposed to wrap it, not Lee
>>
>>so they just totally screwed up
>>
>>gary
>
> no they didn't, they just SCREWED YOU!
>
> i like navl that much more now :-)
>
> thanks for letting us all know how upset you are ;-)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

July 15, 2005 11:15:54 AM

Keith Stelter:

NAVL is supposed to bring the game into the house

You obviously have never had a game delivered

All my wife would have to do is hand them a check

There are a lot of people who post up here who might not be children,
but have the financial resources of children

That's why their comments ring out like a babies

gary
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 12:30:33 PM

Imagine people actually getting excited that a beautiful game gets
destroyed?

There are some people in this hobby I really don't like, but I would
never want to see one of their beautiful new games (really a piece of
art) destroyed

It's sick

It just goes totally against being a hobbyist

Thanks for the private emails by the way ...

take care ...

Gary
July 15, 2005 4:01:28 PM

Gary (GRY), I second your position. I come hear to learn and help.
Somewhere in this thread is - - or was - some useful advice about using
NAVL. But it is buried under some rather excessive personal attacks
that remind me of playground behavior of the below-8-year-old set. I
left that environment a long time ago, and am disappointed to see it
emerging from people whose other posts indicate that they are great
assets to the hobby.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:08:56 PM

Dude, I'm as bleeding heart as the next guy but this simply isn't so.
There was NO useful info in his first post. He said

"Be careful of NAVL. They almost destoryed my game. The lazy ass 60
year old wouldn't carry the game into my house."

What's useful about that? It was just his standard bullshit. It took
him another couple days to even come up with some new details to
embelish his sorry tale.

The post was not meant to help anyone.

martin wrote:
> Gary (GRY), I second your position. I come hear to learn and help.
> Somewhere in this thread is - - or was - some useful advice about using
> NAVL. But it is buried under some rather excessive personal attacks
> that remind me of playground behavior of the below-8-year-old set. I
> left that environment a long time ago, and am disappointed to see it
> emerging from people whose other posts indicate that they are great
> assets to the hobby.
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:26:01 PM

pinlicious wrote:

> i would be humiliated too, nobody likes you here, why don't you just
> leave? you seem to like taking a good slapping more than most of the
> idiots who have posted here in the past who have come and gone.

You're wrong. I don't hate Gary and don't presume to talk for me.

In fact, I'm baffled at why you all feel the need to jump on the
bandwagon of juvenile posts. Your posts have been consistently worse
then anything I've seen Gary throw out. You should all be ashamed.
Adults don't act like that, so why not just put Gary on your ignore list
and move on with life?

He obviously didn't mean that he physically dragged the machine on the
concrete, we all know he has many games and has to have a hand-truck.

You're all just being spiteful and juvenile and you and your little
crew's 40 hate posts are worse then anything that Gary's posted. Grow
up, will ya?

-Deech
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 4:26:02 PM

On the one hand Gary has himself to blame for the puerile way he's posted in
the past here, it's kind of like he put himself on the spit. On the other
hand, many of us would prefer that instead he learn how to post here in a
way that doesn't always irk the community and embarass himself even if he
doesn't realize it. I believe he has largely been attempting to do it and
would prefer to see the community allow him to do so. Many of his recent
posts that have the usual suspects jumping down his throat would not have
drawn a response if they were from someone else on the group or a newbie.

I too find the vicious, goading and bile-infested responses to him much more
offensive than his posts themselves and wish that kind of behaviour stayed
off the board even if they don't like the way he posts. Hang it up already,
you're the ones that look more like clowns dancing now and you're just as
obtuse as he is in not realizing that.

GRY

"NinjaCow" <savrille@gmail.net> wrote in message
news:D b8rjf$nfa$1@newsdbm06.news.prodigy.com...
> pinlicious wrote:
>>
>> i would be humiliated too, nobody likes you here, why don't you just
>> leave? you seem to like taking a good slapping more than most of the
>> idiots who have posted here in the past who have come and gone.
>
> You're wrong. I don't hate Gary and don't presume to talk for me.
>
> In fact, I'm baffled at why you all feel the need to jump on the bandwagon
> of juvenile posts. Your posts have been consistently worse then anything
> I've seen Gary throw out. You should all be ashamed. Adults don't act like
> that, so why not just put Gary on your ignore list and move on with life?
>
> He obviously didn't mean that he physically dragged the machine on the
> concrete, we all know he has many games and has to have a hand-truck.
>
> You're all just being spiteful and juvenile and you and your little crew's
> 40 hate posts are worse then anything that Gary's posted. Grow up, will
> ya?
>
> -Deech
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 5:49:38 PM

I feel the need to reply to some of this. While I don't disagree that
some of our drivers are not the best and by no means are we
perfect,however, Those of you that have shipped with me in the past
know, that 1) I always say if there are any problems call me as soon as
possible, 2) make sure you note any damages on the machine when the
drivers are there. I checked all of the back up paperwork on this
shipment and it was signed for free and clear, no notes of damages.
Secondly the drivers had a dolly but were told to put it in the garage.
I am still researching the "unwrapping" issue. In the future I would
advise that if any of you receive shipments that you are not happy
with, please call me when it's happening. 800-959-8880, 630-691-9465,
or 651-639-2842.

NinjaCow wrote:
> ldnayman wrote:
> > Dude, I'm as bleeding heart as the next guy but this simply isn't so.
> > There was NO useful info in his first post. He said
> >
> > "Be careful of NAVL. They almost destoryed my game. The lazy ass 60
> > year old wouldn't carry the game into my house."
> >
> > What's useful about that? It was just his standard bullshit. It took
> > him another couple days to even come up with some new details to
> > embelish his sorry tale.
> >
> > The post was not meant to help anyone.
> >

> I saw his first post. I got the point and I wasn't even trying. He paid
> the fees requested of him for NAVL for the service of picking up and
> wrapping his new pinball machine and carrying it into his house. They
> did not hold up their end of the deal by delivering it to his house
> unwrapped and refusing to bring it inside. It's just like any other post
> regarding the failure of a shipper/vendor/whoever to deliver on their
> promise. I'd have been pretty pissed too. As far as his claims "they
> nearly destroyed" his machine, I don't think they are far out of line. A
> pin shipped completely uncovered and open the elements, bouncing around
> the back of a truck could have easily gotten destroyed, particularly in
> the eyes of a collector who paid a good coin for it. He did everything
> that would have been reasonable, paying for the extra care from NAVL but
> they just screwed him over it.
>
> Honestly, if this post had come from anyone *other* then Gary, this kind
> of childish behavior would have never happened.
>
> -Deech
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 5:51:21 PM

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:26:01 -0500, NinjaCow <savrille@gmail.net>
wrote:

>pinlicious wrote:
>>
>> i would be humiliated too, nobody likes you here, why don't you just
>> leave? you seem to like taking a good slapping more than most of the
>> idiots who have posted here in the past who have come and gone.
>
>You're wrong. I don't hate Gary and don't presume to talk for me.

where did i type that you hated gary? it's pretty simple, you don't
want in on the fun, ignore the thread. just a small tip for ya ;-)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

>In fact, I'm baffled at why you all feel the need to jump on the
>bandwagon of juvenile posts. Your posts have been consistently worse
>then anything I've seen Gary throw out. You should all be ashamed.
>Adults don't act like that, so why not just put Gary on your ignore list
>and move on with life?
>
>He obviously didn't mean that he physically dragged the machine on the
>concrete, we all know he has many games and has to have a hand-truck.
>
>You're all just being spiteful and juvenile and you and your little
>crew's 40 hate posts are worse then anything that Gary's posted. Grow
>up, will ya?
>
>-Deech
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:27:04 PM

ldnayman wrote:
> Dude, I'm as bleeding heart as the next guy but this simply isn't so.
> There was NO useful info in his first post. He said
>
> "Be careful of NAVL. They almost destoryed my game. The lazy ass 60
> year old wouldn't carry the game into my house."
>
> What's useful about that? It was just his standard bullshit. It took
> him another couple days to even come up with some new details to
> embelish his sorry tale.
>
> The post was not meant to help anyone.

I saw his first post. I got the point and I wasn't even trying. He paid
the fees requested of him for NAVL for the service of picking up and
wrapping his new pinball machine and carrying it into his house. They
did not hold up their end of the deal by delivering it to his house
unwrapped and refusing to bring it inside. It's just like any other post
regarding the failure of a shipper/vendor/whoever to deliver on their
promise. I'd have been pretty pissed too. As far as his claims "they
nearly destroyed" his machine, I don't think they are far out of line. A
pin shipped completely uncovered and open the elements, bouncing around
the back of a truck could have easily gotten destroyed, particularly in
the eyes of a collector who paid a good coin for it. He did everything
that would have been reasonable, paying for the extra care from NAVL but
they just screwed him over it.

Honestly, if this post had come from anyone *other* then Gary, this kind
of childish behavior would have never happened.

-Deech
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 6:28:37 PM

pinlicious wrote:

> where did i type that you hated gary? it's pretty simple, you don't
> want in on the fun, ignore the thread. just a small tip for ya ;-)
>
> Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

"i would be humiliated too, nobody likes you here"

You make assumptions that everyone is behind your point of view when the
fact is, we are not.

-Deech
!