Alan

Greetings.

A perl scripts properly executes from the command prompt however IE 5.0
returns a "Page can not be found" message when running it. Any suggestions
on what the problem might be or how to investigate it would be appreciated ?

Thanks.

Alan

Malke

alan wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> A perl scripts properly executes from the command prompt however IE
> 5.0
> returns a "Page can not be found" message when running it. Any
> suggestions on what the problem might be or how to investigate it
> would be appreciated ?

Hi - I think you posted to the wrong newsgroup. This is XP General and
while someone reading the group might be a perl coder with your answer,
since you mention IE 5.0 you might have a better chance of getting an
answer in a group dealing with Perl and/or the older MS operating
system you're running (XP has IE 6.0). If I knew the answer, I would
tell you but coding "hello world" in Perl is the extent of my Perlness!

Good luck,

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Alan

Oops ! Sorry about that.

"Malke" wrote:

> alan wrote:
>
> > Greetings.
> >
> > A perl scripts properly executes from the command prompt however IE
> > 5.0
> > returns a "Page can not be found" message when running it. Any
> > suggestions on what the problem might be or how to investigate it
> > would be appreciated ?
> >
> Hi - I think you posted to the wrong newsgroup. This is XP General and
> while someone reading the group might be a perl coder with your answer,
> since you mention IE 5.0 you might have a better chance of getting an
> answer in a group dealing with Perl and/or the older MS operating
> system you're running (XP has IE 6.0). If I knew the answer, I would
> tell you but coding "hello world" in Perl is the extent of my Perlness!
>
> Good luck,
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

kelly

Hi Alan,

XP runs IE 6

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"alan" <alan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings.
>
> A perl scripts properly executes from the command prompt however IE 5.0
> returns a "Page can not be found" message when running it. Any
> suggestions
> on what the problem might be or how to investigate it would be appreciated
> ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Alan

kelly

My bad.....didn't see your reply Malke. :eek:(