INTEL confirms PRESCOTT is a SPACE HEATER - page 2

80 answers Last reply
  1. He isn't jocking you, he's teaching you to "jack" off.

--
    <A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>The sexiest website ever, guaranteed XXX!!!</font color=blue></b></A> :wink:
    PS: New sexy users' sites now added! :smile:
  2. What happened? Has your business slowed down. Maybe pope a dope will buy an Intel system from you.
  3. Buy the 9500 Pro and a 2 gig celery since it's your birthday.
  4. NO!

The saphire radeon 9500 non pros from new egg can be modded to 9700's so thats what i am gonna do...

How the hell am i supposed to fit a 2ghz celeron in a slot 1 mobo...maybe i should put it in the floppy drive?

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:
  5. I'm an inteliott (Is that a contraction between intel and elliot with a bonus t?) huh? Hmm I just built an axp1700 not to long ago so... interesting. Like I've always said, you just can't beat amd on low/mid range, intel is presently destroying them at the high end though-- price and performance.

Poopy, I think what it really comes down to is you are about 13 years old, you can't come up with any good arguments to refute that intel infact does have a superior product presently, so you just run around calling everyone a fanboy when the only real fanboy present... is you! or perhaps your mommy doesn't cuddle you enough and any attention is better than none...? Come on poopy lets hear it. Whats the deal with you-- open yourself to us. We're here for you man, it's okie, just let it all out poopy.

Shadus
  6. You know what's obnoxious? Right now i have a P4P800 and a copy of WinXP Pro on a Fedex truck that should be in my hands. But i am here at work and can't go pick up my packages until after work (sometime b/w 5:30 and 6). Bittersweet job - gives me money to go buy the mobo and software, but keeps me here so i can't get it :'(

I'm just your average habitual smiler =D
  7. I feel your pain...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:
  8. Me too.

Just a few weeks ago I ordered parts for a whole new system. P4P800 Deluxe, P4 2.6C, 1GB 3200XMS, GF4Ti4200 128MB, etc., etc. I watched the FedEx tracking diligently. My order had been split into four parts, and they all arrived at the same master warehouse at the same time. It looked like they were all going to be delivered early.

I come home, dripping with anticipation. Big boxes await me.

Yet they had delivered the monitor, the case, the keyboard/mouse combo, and the 5.1 speakers only. Sure I could have set up what <i>looked</i> to be a kick-arse system, but the innards were all at the warehouse still! :O

And <i>that</i> part of the delivery didn't show up until two days later! Ugh. That was pain. So I can totally sympathize because I know just how much that feeling sucks.

<font color=purple><pre><A HREF="http://www.winamp.com" target="_new">Winamp<b><font color=blue>3</font color=blue></b></A> and freeform skins, the best thing since sliced llama loaf. (Now with more beef.)</pre><p></font color=purple>
  9. Ok, that is definitely painful. Recently I did a book order from Barnes & Noble's in which i ordered basically 8 books that were in a series. They were all listed as being ready to ship in 24 hours. After 3 days, 7 of the 8 finally shipped, the last one shipped a week later. And of course, the last one was the book that started the series. Sometimes you just have to laugh :)

10. hehehe. What a legend. Poopy-dude's posts are soo funny to read - it makes THGC all worth it in the end, lol. You know, a bit of humour at the end of the day? hehehe.

Oh wait, sorry, shouldn't be encouraging him.

RaPTuRe

Who's General Failure and why's he reading my disk?
  11. Piii Man is obsolete!!! Thats no good.
  12. Buy a new MOBO. It's your Birthday.
  13. Boy does that stink. Mine came on the same day.
  14. Not the ole write in small print. And it posts in GIANT print.
  15. a tualatin celeron 1.1 overclocked to 133mhz fsb...should have very simular if not beter performance than a 2.0 ghz celeron...

16. So why not buy yourself.
  17. A brand new spanken.
  18. Intel P4 2.4c?
  19. Since it is your birtday.
  20. Correction Birthday.
  21. Prescott shall be label as Block Heater the second!!

Proud Owner the Block Heater
    120% nVidia Fanboy
    PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
    I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF
  22. Just a quick thing to say. All companies have been found at one time or another to have done atleast one of the following; had problems, shot themselves in the foot, or used sly means to do things. What makes one thing bigger than the other isnt what they did, its who they are and how much the media decided to do latch onto it.

Go buy yourself that new toy you've always wanted, it IS your birthday.

I like the ease of intel systems.
    I like the fun of overclocking amd systems.
    That must make me mulatto or something.
  23. Actually, it's usually
    a.) Who's first
    and/or
    b.) Whoever continues to deliver quality products, even with a few set backs

Intel has been very successful in producing consistent results over and over. Plus they did have the first microprocessor (the 4004, 1971?). This is the obvious business practice that works again and again.

Although i personally don't care for them, McDonalds does this too. AFAIK, they were the first large chain of hamburger places and no matter where you go in the world today, you know that a McDonalds there will give you the same taste as in your home town.

Consistency is a good thing. Paper launches, absolute mystery about future capabilities and several quarters in a row of no profit (when your product has never been better, i might add) are slightly less attractive, wouldn't you say?

Although i do agree about your point that all companies have problems, have done something sneaky, and have canabalized their own products.

24. Quote:
    no matter where you go in the world today, you know that a McDonalds there will give you the same taste as in your home town.

That's oh-so-very right! When I was over in Germany, just coming from the airport on a sunday night and looking for food, without any knowledge as to restaurants or whatever, there was this big yellow "M" floating around... That was a no brainer.

<font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles
  25. **ROFL**

Yeah, a no-brainer. As in 'avoid at all costs'!!!

Heh heh.

I'm not much of a fan of McDonalds, and especially not in a strange new place where I can experiment with yummy new foods from cultures that I haven't experienced yet. :)

<font color=purple><pre><A HREF="http://www.winamp.com" target="_new">Winamp<b><font color=blue>3</font color=blue></b></A> and freeform skins, the best thing since sliced llama loaf. (Now with more beef.)</pre><p></font color=purple>
  26. good point but the 4004 was not the first microprocessor contrary to what intel says...there were calculators before then that had em...

27. Ya which they made as well... japs contracted em out to make calculators they were like sweet this is a cool idea they bought the rights from japs then make the 4004 the first mainstream product... thats if my memory serves me right...

-Jeremy

:evil: <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5341387" target="_new">Busting Sh@t Up!!!</A> :evil:
    :evil: <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?pcm=1400777" target="_new">Busting More Sh@t Up!!!</A> :evil:
  28. well that was b4 my time...

29. "The Intel 4004 was originally designed for use in a Busicom scientific calculator, but Intel engineers realized the design of the chip afforded multi-purpose use - thus the microprocessor was born. The 4004 contains 2000 transistors and is a 4-bit microprocessor capable of processing 4 bits of information at a time at a rate of about 0.06 MHz. Compare this to current microprocessors that contain many millions of transistors and whose clock speed is measured in GHz. But the 4004 found widespread use in many applications, including being used on the Pioneer 10 spacecraft launched in 1972. For many years Pioneer 10 held the record as the most distant man-made object, until it was surpassed by Voyager 1 in 1998. Pioneer 10 continues to transmit useful data back to Earth to the present day."

The 4004 was the first microprocessor. The 8080 (also Intel) was the first microprocessor designed for home use.

30. you forgot the 8008...

interesting data...can you post a link plz...i kinda have a soft spot for old cpus...

31. nearlyu

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel