Unusual problem- Unable to get out of Safe mode, cant logon!

Hi,

I was running Norton Antivirus which was unable to remove one virus. Norton
suggested I disable system restore (which I did) and restart computer in safe
mode (which I did by going into MSCONFIG etc.).
When I restarted (in safe mode) and tried to logon, i got the 'system could
not log you on' message, although i have administrative rights.
I then tried restarting in normal mode by going into F8, but strangely, the
computer still goes to safe mode log-on screen.
How do I start in normal mode?

Please help with any suggestions, thank you in advance.

AJ
1 answer Last reply
More about unusual problem unable safe mode logon

    Hi,

    Dump Norton and try to gain access to the system admin account.

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was running Norton Antivirus which was unable to remove one virus.
    > Norton
    > suggested I disable system restore (which I did) and restart computer in
    > safe
    > mode (which I did by going into MSCONFIG etc.).
    > When I restarted (in safe mode) and tried to logon, i got the 'system
    > could
    > not log you on' message, although i have administrative rights.
    > I then tried restarting in normal mode by going into F8, but strangely,
    > the
    > computer still goes to safe mode log-on screen.
    > How do I start in normal mode?
    >
    > Please help with any suggestions, thank you in advance.
    >
    > AJ

Safe Mode Norton Windows XP