Unusual problem- Unable to get out of Safe mode, cant logon!

August 24, 2005 1:30:01 PM

Hi,

I was running Norton Antivirus which was unable to remove one virus. Norton
suggested I disable system restore (which I did) and restart computer in safe
mode (which I did by going into MSCONFIG etc.).
When I restarted (in safe mode) and tried to logon, i got the 'system could
not log you on' message, although i have administrative rights.
I then tried restarting in normal mode by going into F8, but strangely, the
computer still goes to safe mode log-on screen.
How do I start in normal mode?

Please help with any suggestions, thank you in advance.

AJ
August 25, 2005 3:37:55 AM

Hi,

Dump Norton and try to gain access to the system admin account.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP