opening the case of a DELL Dimension 8300; Pentium 4, 3000..

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know how
to do it. Could somebody help me?

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Richard

"Richard" <superricky@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know
> how to do it. Could somebody help me?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas,
>
> Richard

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim8300/sm/cvrop.htm

There ya go, Richard. Merry Christmas to you as well.

Stew

Richard

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thank you for the info.

Richard

"Richard" <superricky@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know
> how to do it. Could somebody help me?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas,
>
> Richard

Turn the case on it's side so the arrows are pointing upward and press both
release buttons, one on the top and one on the bottom and the case will open
like a clamshell. I had to do this last week when I upgraded the memory in
my 8300. Be careful when you close it that you don't pinch any cable when
you close the case back up.

Ron

"Richard" <superricky@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know
how
> to do it. Could somebody help me?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas,
>
> Richard

David

Is this sherwindu guy like the ONLY person in the
world having a problem opening a Dimension 3000 case!?
Can't open a computer case...don't work on your computer.
Dave

Hi Richard,
Just be thankfull that you don't own a 3000 series Dimension. There are no
release
buttons on that one. You have to provide your own can opener.

Sherwin D.

Richard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know how
> to do it. Could somebody help me?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas,
>
> Richard

Yes, and will Dell refund the money for this piece of junk?

Sherwin D.

Chopperdad wrote:

> Turn the case on it's side so the arrows are pointing upward and press both
> release buttons, one on the top and one on the bottom and the case will open
> like a clamshell. I had to do this last week when I upgraded the memory in
> my 8300. Be careful when you close it that you don't pinch any cable when
> you close the case back up.
>
> Ron
>
> "Richard" <superricky@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know
> how
> > to do it. Could somebody help me?
> >
> > Thanks and Merry Christmas,
> >
> > Richard

Thanks for the reference for opening the Dimension 3000. However, I have seen
these before. The instructions say to use the indents to slide the cover open. I
am no
90 pound weakling, but I could not budge the cover in this fashion, until I took a
tool and pried it open. Same with the front cover. Maybe I was just one of those
unlucky
people that got a 'lemon' off the assembly line, but I don't think so. I have two
other
computers with similar sliding sides, and never had any such problems with them.
When people spot a possible design flaw with DELL, why do others rush in to defend
the company, even if they possibly never owned that model (they must own stock in
the company)?

Sherwin D.

"S.Lewis" wrote:

> "sherwindu" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hi Richard,
> > Just be thankfull that you don't own a 3000 series Dimension. There are
> > no
> > release
> > buttons on that one. You have to provide your own can opener.
> >
> > Sherwin D.
> >

> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3000/en/SM/cvrop.htm#wp1076111

If it was a design problem, we would see it in this newsgroup. You are the
only one posting here about the problem.

> Thanks for the reference for opening the Dimension 3000. However, I have
> seen
> these before. The instructions say to use the indents to slide the cover
> open. I
> am no
> 90 pound weakling, but I could not budge the cover in this fashion, until
> I took a
> tool and pried it open. Same with the front cover. Maybe I was just one
> of those
> unlucky
> people that got a 'lemon' off the assembly line, but I don't think so. I
> have two
> other
> computers with similar sliding sides, and never had any such problems with
> them.
> When people spot a possible design flaw with DELL, why do others rush in
> to defend
> the company, even if they possibly never owned that model (they must own
> stock in
> the company)?
>
> Sherwin D.
>
> "S.Lewis" wrote:
>
>> "sherwindu" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> > Hi Richard,
>> > Just be thankfull that you don't own a 3000 series Dimension. There
>> > are
>> > no
>> > release
>> > buttons on that one. You have to provide your own can opener.
>> >
>> > Sherwin D.
>> >

>> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim3000/en/SM/cvrop.htm#wp1076111

Could also be a defective single unit, even if not a deign problem. This has
been known to happen... Ben Myers

> If it was a design problem, we would see it in this newsgroup. You are
> the only one posting here about the problem.

So...you're saying there's something wrong with using a screwdriver?

<cough>

Stew

> Yes, and will Dell refund the money for this piece of junk?
>
> Sherwin D.

Not sure the screwdriver pry marks are mentioned in the warranty. I'm gonna
guess and say no.

Stew

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:16:22 -0500, "Richard"
<superricky@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>Hi,
>
> I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know how
>to do it. Could somebody help me?
>
> Thanks and Merry Christmas,
>
> Richard

You've been answered, but uhhh....you got a manual with it right?
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

Actually I used a prying tool contained in a glass case attached to the
computer
which said "In an emergency, break glass".

Sherwin D.

"S.Lewis" wrote:

> "sherwindu" <sherwindu@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Yes, and will Dell refund the money for this piece of junk?
> >
> > Sherwin D.
> >

> Not sure the screwdriver pry marks are mentioned in the warranty. I'm gonna
> guess and say no.
>
> Stew

What this Dell really needs is a 200 pound gorilla to come and assist me in
forcing
this thing open. My hands won't do the job.

Sherwin D.

"S.Lewis" wrote:

> "WSZsr" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > If it was a design problem, we would see it in this newsgroup. You are
> > the only one posting here about the problem.
> >

> So...you're saying there's something wrong with using a screwdriver?
>
> <cough>
>
> Stew

The manual is the way to go since you have to push in both buttons and since
there is quite some weight on it, you have to lift since the hard drive, CD,
DVD and other peripherals are located on the part that you are pulling open.

"Paul Knudsen" <HughG@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 10:16:22 -0500, "Richard"
> <superricky@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> > I want to open the case of my Dell Dimension 8300 and I don't know
how
> >to do it. Could somebody help me?
> >
> > Thanks and Merry Christmas,
> >
> > Richard
> >
> You've been answered, but uhhh....you got a manual with it right?

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:53:20 -0500, "Chopperdad"
<scotty@bellsouth.net> wrote:

>The manual is the way to go since you have to push in both buttons and since
>there is quite some weight on it, you have to lift since the hard drive, CD,
>DVD and other peripherals are located on the part that you are pulling open.

All right. Sorry about being facetious. 8200 and 8300 here and I had
no problem opening the cases.
--
Top 10 Conservative Idiots: