Harris

Hi all, noticed yesterday that items were no longer displaying in my
Temporary Internet Files. I've tried moving the TIF from the normal C:/Doc
and Set.../NAME/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files and then back to try
to 'reset' whatever the problem is/was. I've deleted it and started again
several times. I've run several of the adware/malware/highjack/virus
programs looking for a problem, all to no avail. Clicking on Properties for
the TIF folder in Explorer, it shows 70.1 MB size ( 80.7 MB on disk ) and
4256 files, 9 folders; yet only 20 items (lines) actually display for the
last 24 hours of hard surfing! And none of the 20 items are cookies which
also normally display. Any and all help in finding my files and making them
display will be most appreciated ! Thanks, Harris ( remove falseaddress
to make email valid )

Maybe the folder in question has the option "Do not show hidden files
and folders" turned on?

To turn this off, in the menu click -Tools- -> -Folder Options..- go to
the -View- tab, and check the "Show hidden files and folders".

Check the folder again, and maybe you can see them now! or no..

--
Heritage
Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4257

Heritage wrote:

> Maybe the folder in question has the option "Do not show hidden files
> and folders" turned on?

That's a global option. It either applies to all files and folders or none.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

> To turn this off, in the menu click -Tools- -> -Folder Options..- go
> to the -View- tab, and check the "Show hidden files and folders".
>
> Check the folder again, and maybe you can see them now! or no..

Harris

Updated Information - just found the folders and files by going to System
Tools - Disk Cleanup and then to View Files for the TIF. That shows me the
C:\Documents and Settings\NAME\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\Content.IE5 that I don't see under regular Explorer or folder viewing.
Again the question is 'how do I get to always get this visibitlity'. Thanks,
Harris

Harris

Thanks Heritage for your suggestion but 'show hidden files and folders' was
already checked. Harris

Harris

Hi all, beats me but after dumping the TIF AGAIN via Tools - Options -
Delete Files; everything is back and working as it is supposed to. ...
still haven't the faintest idea what went wrong in the first place but with
things now right, guess I'd best not rock the boat looking for causes !
Thanks to all

I always thought it could be applied to a specific folder only..strange!
Thanks for the tip ;)

Heritage wrote:

> I always thought it could be applied to a specific folder
> only..strange! Thanks for the tip ;)

You're welcome. Glad to help.