Sign in with
Your question

Compact receivers audio

Last response: in Home Audio
May 7, 2011 3:07:23 PM

Hello,
I've been searching for a "compact" receiver for a 16'X16' room
The compact dimension I am most interested in is the depth of the unit, wanting it to be under 15", including the cables portruding from the rear.
May 7, 2011 6:07:34 PM

you never said what type of receiver. What are you trying to receive?
m
l
May 8, 2011 4:18:43 AM

audio receiver with surround sound capability
m
l
Related resources
May 8, 2011 5:41:07 AM

that is pretty difficult for a surround amp.
m
l
May 8, 2011 6:01:03 AM

How about without surround capability?
m
l
May 9, 2011 3:02:13 AM

kglea said:
Hello,
I've been searching for a "compact" receiver for a 16'X16' room
The compact dimension I am most interested in is the depth of the unit, wanting it to be under 15", including the cables portruding from the rear.
Good receiver with surround sound is NAD Components.
m
l
May 10, 2011 6:52:31 AM

musical marv said:
Good receiver with surround sound is NAD Components.

thank you musical marv

what specific receiver (component) are you referring to?

I have been looking at the NAD C-715, because of its size and favorable reviews.

Thinking of buying Orb Audio speakers.

Obviously, looking for good quality audio in a small room.

m
l
May 11, 2011 3:07:48 AM

The receiver you mentioned in your post is quite good. Speakers for the Vandersteen Speaker called the1-C a modest not to expensive which is excellent for your needs.I never heard of Orb speakers. i am an audiophile for over 47 years. having systems that cost over $15,000 to $1,000. Marv
m
l
May 11, 2011 4:32:39 PM

thanks.
the dimensions of those speakers are the same as the B & W ones I am removing because they take up too much space. Orb Audio is a newer, very commercial company, but they appear to have a very good product.
Looking for high end quality with a small footprint. For the receiver, this means that the depth needs to be under 13 or 12" to fit in a small cabinet.
Am looking at network receivers from Denon (RCD-N7) and Cambridge Audio (sonata NP30), in addition to the NAD mentioned above.
m
l
May 12, 2011 3:21:27 AM

kglea said:
thanks.
the dimensions of those speakers are the same as the B & W ones I am removing because they take up too much space. Orb Audio is a newer, very commercial company, but they appear to have a very good product.
Looking for high end quality with a small footprint. For the receiver, this means that the depth needs to be under 13 or 12" to fit in a small cabinet.
Am looking at network receivers from Denon (RCD-N7) and Cambridge Audio (sonata NP30), in addition to the NAD mentioned above.
Cambridge audio is decent components and so is Rotel which is excellent for the price. I use to have there cd player and the int amp. good sound with Martin Logan Sequel speakers I had.Try reading a site called Positive Feedback very informative.
m
l
May 12, 2011 3:43:03 AM

ok thank you very much!
m
l
May 13, 2011 2:17:30 AM

kglea said:
ok thank you very much!
Good Luck also look into a speaker called proac which is English.Excellent sounding speaker.
m
l
!