USB ports stop responding after installing sp2

I have an ailian computer with XP Home on it. After installing sp2 my usb
ports stoped working. In device manager the usb root hubs and ports say that
they are working but the mouse and game controler do not function. I do not
get power to my mouse either. If anyone can help me I would appreiceate it.
Thanks

It seems that this "may" be a common problem. What has been recommended
(but I never tested -- never needed to) was to remove every entry under the
USB section (Root hub, ports and controllers) in Device Manager. Then,
reboot and XP is supposed to re-detect everything.

"sercher" <sercher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an ailian computer with XP Home on it. After installing sp2 my usb
> ports stoped working. In device manager the usb root hubs and ports say
> that
> they are working but the mouse and game controler do not function. I do
> not
> get power to my mouse either. If anyone can help me I would appreiceate
> it.
> Thanks

Thanks for the info I will give it a try.