csrss.exe error message

Before I dedicate a full afternoon dealing with tech support, I am getting a
strange error message that windows cannot find csrss.exe in a subfolder of
windows\system32. I did a search and found csrss.exe in the windows folder
and did a search of the registry and found the related entry.
Any ideas of how to deal with this Win XP pro problem?

likely causes of csrss errors is either a corrupted user profile or a
virus... visit mcafee.com and use their free on line scan utility to see if
it finds something that your antivirus may have missed. if it comes up
clean then you can try a system restore to an earlier data where the user
profile may have been ok. http://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asp