TrueImage default password and password restrictions?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I created an image a few weeks/month ago with TrueImage 8.0.
When I clicked on the tib image file I had to recognize that it is password protected.
Unfortunately I cannot remember this password.
Most probably I selected the default password.

Is there a default password?

Otherwise are there any restriction for the passsword (length, using digits,..)

Frank
2 answers Last reply
More about trueimage default password password restrictions

    There is no "default" password............unless its blank
    You need to remember what you put in
    peterk

    "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I created an image a few weeks/month ago with TrueImage 8.0.
    > When I clicked on the tib image file I had to recognize that it is
    > password protected.
    > Unfortunately I cannot remember this password.
    > Most probably I selected the default password.
    >
    > Is there a default password?
    >
    > Otherwise are there any restriction for the passsword (length, using
    > digits,..)
    >
    > Frank

    I have used True Image for years and can say for sure that it has no default
    password. That is, if you type nothing, the image will have no password and
    you will not be prompted for one to restore or mount (i.e., read/explore)
    the file. If TI8 is asking for a password, it is because you typed one.
    Perhaps you did not intend to do so. Maybe you hit a space or a tab?

    If it is vital to use this image, try contacting Acronis support and mabe
    the will suggest some alternative.

    "Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I created an image a few weeks/month ago with TrueImage 8.0.
    > When I clicked on the tib image file I had to recognize that it is
    > password protected.
    > Unfortunately I cannot remember this password.
    > Most probably I selected the default password.
    >
    > Is there a default password?
    >
    > Otherwise are there any restriction for the passsword (length, using
    > digits,..)
    >
    > Frank

Default Support Microsoft Windows XP