TrueImage default password and password restrictions?

August 24, 2005 11:23:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I created an image a few weeks/month ago with TrueImage 8.0.
When I clicked on the tib image file I had to recognize that it is password protected.
Unfortunately I cannot remember this password.
Most probably I selected the default password.

Is there a default password?

Otherwise are there any restriction for the passsword (length, using digits,..)

Frank
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:23:09 PM

There is no "default" password............unless its blank
You need to remember what you put in
peterk

"Frank Callone" <inn200@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I created an image a few weeks/month ago with TrueImage 8.0.
> When I clicked on the tib image file I had to recognize that it is
> password protected.
> Unfortunately I cannot remember this password.
> Most probably I selected the default password.
>
> Is there a default password?
>
> Otherwise are there any restriction for the passsword (length, using
> digits,..)
>
> Frank

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 11:23:09 PM

I have used True Image for years and can say for sure that it has no default
password. That is, if you type nothing, the image will have no password and
you will not be prompted for one to restore or mount (i.e., read/explore)
the file. If TI8 is asking for a password, it is because you typed one.
Perhaps you did not intend to do so. Maybe you hit a space or a tab?

If it is vital to use this image, try contacting Acronis support and mabe
the will suggest some alternative.

!