I just started getting this stop error. I did not add any hardware or
software. 3 year old machine. I get it trying to start up. I am able to start
up in safe mode only. I understand it may be a hardware issue. At the end of
the message is says win32k.sys. Any ideas as to where to start?
--
gr

tara

Distinguished
May 11, 2004

WINDOWS SYSTEM 32 KERNALROOTS

"grman" wrote:

> I just started getting this stop error. I did not add any hardware or
> software. 3 year old machine. I get it trying to start up. I am able to start
> up in safe mode only. I understand it may be a hardware issue. At the end of
> the message is says win32k.sys. Any ideas as to where to start?
> --
> gr

Tara can you please lose the Caps. It is considered shouting and it is extremely hard to read

--
Peter

"TARA" <TARA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D3AE3B9-E822-4B79-90E8-EA760D43C262@microsoft.com...
> WINDOWS SYSTEM 32 KERNALROOTS
>
> "grman" wrote:
>
>> I just started getting this stop error. I did not add any hardware or
>> software. 3 year old machine. I get it trying to start up. I am able to start
>> up in safe mode only. I understand it may be a hardware issue. At the end of
>> the message is says win32k.sys. Any ideas as to where to start?
>> --
>> gr

Can you post the exact error message per verbatim please for someone to be able to help you

--
Peter

"grman" <freewheel101(dontspam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:AC989C86-01D7-4509-BCF0-094F0D0C8D93@microsoft.com...
>I just started getting this stop error. I did not add any hardware or
> software. 3 year old machine. I get it trying to start up. I am able to start
> up in safe mode only. I understand it may be a hardware issue. At the end of
> the message is says win32k.sys. Any ideas as to where to start?
> --
> gr

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

grman wrote:
> I just started getting this stop error. I did not add any hardware or
> software. 3 year old machine. I get it trying to start up. I am able to start
> up in safe mode only. I understand it may be a hardware issue. At the end of
> the message is says win32k.sys. Any ideas as to where to start?

Exact error message is as follows. Stop 0x0000008e
(0xc0000005,0xbf8fa242,oxf78eb678,0x00000000) 0xf86e5678 win32k.sys -
Addressbf8fa242 base at bf800000,date stamp 3c745f4d
--
gr

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

--