Event ID: 7000
Date: 8/16/2005
Time: 9:12:25 AM
User: N/A
Computer: CMG1V31
The User Profile Hive Cleanup service failed to start due to the following
error:
Access is denied.

"Marzipan" <Marzipan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> FYI: Windows 2000 SP4 (does UPHClean work on W2K?)

Yes. See also "Troubleshooting profile unload issues"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=837115

"User Profile Hive Cleanup Service"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

> The User Profile Hive Cleanup service failed to start due to the
> following error:
> Access is denied.

Why don't you consult the correct newsgroup.

--
d-d

Neither of these rote references have anything to do with this error.
It is a error generated when UPHClean is installed not when it is run.

"Detlev Dreyer" wrote:

> "Marzipan" <Marzipan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > FYI: Windows 2000 SP4 (does UPHClean work on W2K?)
>
> Yes. See also "Troubleshooting profile unload issues"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=837115
>
> "User Profile Hive Cleanup Service"
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

> > The User Profile Hive Cleanup service failed to start due to the
> > following error:
> > Access is denied.
>
> Why don't you consult the correct newsgroup.
>
> --
> d-d

I figured it out. I had installed the service from a network location. It
defaults to run under the localsystem account which does not have access to
that location.

I moved uphclean to a local folder and all worked.

"Marzipan" wrote:

> Neither of these rote references have anything to do with this error.
> It is a error generated when UPHClean is installed not when it is run.
>
> "Detlev Dreyer" wrote:
>
> > "Marzipan" <Marzipan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > FYI: Windows 2000 SP4 (does UPHClean work on W2K?)
> >
> > Yes. See also "Troubleshooting profile unload issues"
> >
> > "User Profile Hive Cleanup Service"
> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1b286e6d-8912-4e18-b570-42470e2f3582&displaylang=en

> > > The User Profile Hive Cleanup service failed to start due to the
> > > following error:
> > > Access is denied.
> >
> > Why don't you consult the correct newsgroup.
> >
> > --
> > d-d

TRENDING THREADS