Cannot Install New Hardware In XP Pro

Lou

Hi
I have been trying to install a Umax Astrapix 430 Plus on my friends
computer, but unfotunately I am having real trouble. I have installed all of
the software and drivers, but when I plug the camera into the usb port and it
searches for the hardware it wants to connect to the internet and cannot find
the drivers, his computer is Windows XP Pro. Unfortunately we do not have
the software on disc we have had to download it, as he has lost the original
disc. I have tried installing the camera on my computer and it works fine, I
have xp home. Is there a different way of installing drivers and new
hardware on xp pro, or is there something wrong that can be fixed by software
or something. Can someone please help, as it is driving me mad?????

BigJim

find the drivers on the hard drive then plug in the camera, try to do an
upgrade of the drivers.
windows should see the camera in the device manager do the upgrade from
there.

"Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have been trying to install a Umax Astrapix 430 Plus on my friends
> computer, but unfotunately I am having real trouble. I have installed all
> of
> the software and drivers, but when I plug the camera into the usb port and
> it
> searches for the hardware it wants to connect to the internet and cannot
> find
> the drivers, his computer is Windows XP Pro. Unfortunately we do not have
> the software on disc we have had to download it, as he has lost the
> original
> disc. I have tried installing the camera on my computer and it works
> fine, I
> have xp home. Is there a different way of installing drivers and new
> hardware on xp pro, or is there something wrong that can be fixed by
> software
> or something. Can someone please help, as it is driving me mad?????

Lou

Hi BigJim
I have tried this and it didn't work, have you got any other ideas?????
Many thanks

"BigJIm" wrote:

> find the drivers on the hard drive then plug in the camera, try to do an
> upgrade of the drivers.
> windows should see the camera in the device manager do the upgrade from
> there.
>
> "Lou" <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I have been trying to install a Umax Astrapix 430 Plus on my friends
> > computer, but unfotunately I am having real trouble. I have installed all
> > of
> > the software and drivers, but when I plug the camera into the usb port and
> > it
> > searches for the hardware it wants to connect to the internet and cannot
> > find
> > the drivers, his computer is Windows XP Pro. Unfortunately we do not have
> > the software on disc we have had to download it, as he has lost the
> > original
> > disc. I have tried installing the camera on my computer and it works
> > fine, I
> > have xp home. Is there a different way of installing drivers and new
> > hardware on xp pro, or is there something wrong that can be fixed by
> > software
> > or something. Can someone please help, as it is driving me mad?????

bill

Try search from a location and point at c:/Windows/inf.
Should find a generic digital camera..
Bill
Atlanta

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 13:06:04 -0700, Lou