Please help, can't logon...safe mode

August 24, 2005 4:41:03 PM

Hi,

i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?

thanks!

AJ

More about : logon safe mode

August 24, 2005 5:25:10 PM

AJ,
I AM HAVING SOME COMPUTER ISSUES ALSO BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR MESSAGE I STARTE
LOOKING FOR INFO TO HELP IN THE A+ TECH BOOK FOR WINDOWS XP IT SAY TO HOLD
DOWN CTRL KEY AS YOU TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THIS SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO
ACCESS A STARTUP MENU WITH SOME OPTIONS FOR AND TOOLS TO TRY AND FIX YOUR
PROBLEM. I HOPE THIS IS USEFUL INFO FOR YOU BEST OF LUCK.

"AJ" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
> safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
> can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
> logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
>
> thanks!
>
> AJ

August 24, 2005 5:51:09 PM

thanks TARA. i tried what u suggested, but it was the same. i didnt see any
startup menu.

AJ

"TARA" wrote:

> AJ,
> I AM HAVING SOME COMPUTER ISSUES ALSO BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR MESSAGE I STARTE
> LOOKING FOR INFO TO HELP IN THE A+ TECH BOOK FOR WINDOWS XP IT SAY TO HOLD
> DOWN CTRL KEY AS YOU TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THIS SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO
> ACCESS A STARTUP MENU WITH SOME OPTIONS FOR AND TOOLS TO TRY AND FIX YOUR
> PROBLEM. I HOPE THIS IS USEFUL INFO FOR YOU BEST OF LUCK.
>
> "AJ" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
> > safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
> > can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
> > logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > AJ

August 24, 2005 10:38:26 PM

Tara please lose the caps. Very hard on the eyes and is considered shouting

--
Peter

"TARA" <TARA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C5A8A96-333E-4F0A-9B2A-D0F86DCD2246@microsoft.com...
> AJ,
> I AM HAVING SOME COMPUTER ISSUES ALSO BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR MESSAGE I STARTE
> LOOKING FOR INFO TO HELP IN THE A+ TECH BOOK FOR WINDOWS XP IT SAY TO HOLD
> DOWN CTRL KEY AS YOU TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THIS SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO
> ACCESS A STARTUP MENU WITH SOME OPTIONS FOR AND TOOLS TO TRY AND FIX YOUR
> PROBLEM. I HOPE THIS IS USEFUL INFO FOR YOU BEST OF LUCK.
>
> "AJ" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
>> safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
>> can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
>> logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
>>
>> thanks!
>>
>> AJ

August 25, 2005 3:12:05 AM

Hi,

What happens when you try to logon in Safe Mode?
Are you running Home or Pro?
What sent you to Safe Mode?
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
> safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where
> can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
> logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
>
> thanks!
>
> AJ

August 25, 2005 9:28:10 AM

Hi Kelly,

I was running Norton antivirus and came across one that couldnt be deleted.
Norton suggested that I disable system restore (which I did) and restart in
safe mode and then scan. I went to msconfig- BOOT.INI and checked the safe
mode option. After this, when I restarted my computer, it went to safe mode,
and i was unable to logon there, although i think i have administrative
rights. Then i repeatedly tried restarting, hitting F8 and choosing 'Logon
normally', but it still goes to safe mode logon screen. now i cant logon at
all!

looking forward to ur reply.

Thanks

AJ