Please help, can't logon...safe mode

Hi,

i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?

thanks!

AJ
5 answers Last reply
More about please help logon safe mode

    AJ,
    I AM HAVING SOME COMPUTER ISSUES ALSO BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR MESSAGE I STARTE
    LOOKING FOR INFO TO HELP IN THE A+ TECH BOOK FOR WINDOWS XP IT SAY TO HOLD
    DOWN CTRL KEY AS YOU TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THIS SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO
    ACCESS A STARTUP MENU WITH SOME OPTIONS FOR AND TOOLS TO TRY AND FIX YOUR
    PROBLEM. I HOPE THIS IS USEFUL INFO FOR YOU BEST OF LUCK.

    "AJ" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
    > safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
    > can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
    > logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > AJ

    thanks TARA. i tried what u suggested, but it was the same. i didnt see any
    startup menu.

    AJ

    "TARA" wrote:

    > AJ,
    > I AM HAVING SOME COMPUTER ISSUES ALSO BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR MESSAGE I STARTE
    > LOOKING FOR INFO TO HELP IN THE A+ TECH BOOK FOR WINDOWS XP IT SAY TO HOLD
    > DOWN CTRL KEY AS YOU TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THIS SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO
    > ACCESS A STARTUP MENU WITH SOME OPTIONS FOR AND TOOLS TO TRY AND FIX YOUR
    > PROBLEM. I HOPE THIS IS USEFUL INFO FOR YOU BEST OF LUCK.
    >
    > "AJ" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
    > > safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
    > > can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
    > > logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
    > >
    > > thanks!
    > >
    > > AJ

    Tara please lose the caps. Very hard on the eyes and is considered shouting

    --
    Peter

    "TARA" <TARA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C5A8A96-333E-4F0A-9B2A-D0F86DCD2246@microsoft.com...
    > AJ,
    > I AM HAVING SOME COMPUTER ISSUES ALSO BUT WHEN I SAW YOUR MESSAGE I STARTE
    > LOOKING FOR INFO TO HELP IN THE A+ TECH BOOK FOR WINDOWS XP IT SAY TO HOLD
    > DOWN CTRL KEY AS YOU TURN ON YOUR COMPUTER AND THIS SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO
    > ACCESS A STARTUP MENU WITH SOME OPTIONS FOR AND TOOLS TO TRY AND FIX YOUR
    > PROBLEM. I HOPE THIS IS USEFUL INFO FOR YOU BEST OF LUCK.
    >
    > "AJ" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
    >> safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where i
    >> can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
    >> logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
    >>
    >> thanks!
    >>
    >> AJ

    Hi,

    What happens when you try to logon in Safe Mode?
    Are you running Home or Pro?
    What sent you to Safe Mode?
    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
    > safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where
    > can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
    > logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
    >
    > thanks!
    >
    > AJ

    Hi Kelly,

    I was running Norton antivirus and came across one that couldnt be deleted.
    Norton suggested that I disable system restore (which I did) and restart in
    safe mode and then scan. I went to msconfig- BOOT.INI and checked the safe
    mode option. After this, when I restarted my computer, it went to safe mode,
    and i was unable to logon there, although i think i have administrative
    rights. Then i repeatedly tried restarting, hitting F8 and choosing 'Logon
    normally', but it still goes to safe mode logon screen. now i cant logon at
    all!

    looking forward to ur reply.

    Thanks

    AJ

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > What happens when you try to logon in Safe Mode?
    > Are you running Home or Pro?
    > What sent you to Safe Mode?
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > i went to safe mode and restarted my computer. I am now unable to logon in
    > > safe mode, and unable to get out of it. i'm aware of an option in F8 where
    > > can logon normally, but when i select that. it takes me back to safemode
    > > logon screen. can anybody tell me how to over-ride safe mode?
    > >
    > > thanks!
    > >
    > > AJ

Safe Mode Computers Microsoft Windows XP