Req: help Nec nd-1100a Dvdrw

JS

dell 4600 xp home

Drive has gone buggy it will read closed Cds and Dvds but won't
recognize erased cds or dvds either to read or write.

The same problem wih the dvd drive.

My warranty expired Dec 3rd. I guess I'm screwed unless someone can
help.

Checked the various forums including Dell's, all reports were

negative on this Nec drive and Dell had no answers, I'm surprised

Dell even installed this drive on their computers.

By the way, I own four Dell computers. In the future I'm trying
another brand.

I don't have this problem on my 8300.

Yesterday, I bought a new external Dvd rw but I found out Megstor
is made by Nec so I'm returning it to the store, today.

Thanks

js

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

for what it costs to buy a new one would be far easier to just replace it
then try spend time fixing it at todays prices DVD writers are almost
classed as disposable