Sign in with
Your question

I7 720 nvidia 230mgt temp

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 5, 2010 7:27:00 AM

hello
i have purchased a hp dv8 1080ea laptop, all ok, but when i play anything (tried fear, undercover and gfta4. with all of them i can play around 20- 40 sec and start to block more and more ) if the temperature goes over 60 on nvidia or 62-63 on processors my pc starts easily to get blocking , and in same time if music is playing (traktor for ex) it get block too. if i end the game task the temperature get slow down and the music program gets time by time to normal. what you think may be the problem? please!!!
the fan speed is variable but not max speed ever, but i don't think i reach the max speed temp for fan on my pc (what i get is max 65 on processors and max 63 on nvidia)
hope you understand me!

More about : 720 nvidia 230mgt temp

a b D Laptop
March 6, 2010 10:27:28 PM

It could be that the fans aren't working correctly. Go into the BIOS and ensure that the fans are on and at what RPM they are at. Try cranking them up a bit. If that is a no go, download speedfan and try manually adjusting the fan speeds. If that doesn't help, I would guess that it is a hardware issue and in that case I would return it and get another one.
March 7, 2010 7:21:24 AM

thank you, i tried the speedfan and another one like, but at fan speed shows nothing, can't change with it, in the bios i have only on and of. anyway that happens i the second day i buy it, now seems that the fan i working better , strange thing. this is my 3rd laptop and first problem like that.
about the games, i can play fear2 at almost max sett without problem (100% over 40fps) , shift at medium to hi (52) and others. with gta4 is trouble, but I'm happy anyway, i was scared http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/icones/confused.gi...
thanks for advice. cheers!
!