Sign in with
Your question

AMD is back; INTEL fans in terror

Last response: in CPUs
August 9, 2003 8:23:03 AM

looking at the latest benches...Hammer at 2.2 GHZ will crush anything not named PRESCOTT.

And with Prescott delayed till H2 04... AMD has plenty of time to build a substantial lead over INTEL

thus we are witnessing yet another change in hands of the performance crown.

i am a beleiver in passing the crown back n forth....keeps prices low and innovations fast.

Only INTELLIOTS of AMDROIDS want one side of the other to be dominant forever

i am neither... i just expose hyprocrisy

i am everything and all things

respect my gangsta
August 9, 2003 9:22:32 AM

Can you give me a link to these benches? I'd like to see 'em.

DFI i815EP, Intel Pentium III (Tualatin) 1.42GHz, ATI Radeon 9100, SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum, Samsung 512MB SDR SDRAM, Maxtor 60GB 7200RPM 2MB Cache
August 9, 2003 10:04:16 AM

Quote:
And with Prescott delayed till H2 04... AMD has plenty of time to build a substantial lead over INTEL

I don't really care for either side, but if AMD is releasing their processors at 2.2GHz & whatever speed is needed, how is it possible for them (being set at a certain speed), be able to "build a substantial lead" over Intel? I mean, would'nt it make more sense to say that since AMD is delaying the release of their processors, that Intel has more time, & more of a chance to release something faster?

-----
<A HREF="http://www.khmercity.com/city_music//Kerpal Comedy@@ kick my dog~ :-)/Jerky Boys - Kerpal - Airport Pakistani And Hindi Fight.mp3" target="_new">I'm going to get you, you bastard guy</A>.
Related resources
August 9, 2003 12:44:07 PM

Has anyone seen the benches on the VIA C3? It beats [-peep-] out of both AMD and Intel...*cough* on the heat dissipation benchmark

AMD Is An Anagram Of MAD, Intel Is An Anagram Of INLET, Cyrix...Ah Who Cares?
August 9, 2003 12:48:24 PM

Cough Cough!!!

ANOTHER LOAD OF CRAP FROM POPE!!
August 9, 2003 2:49:02 PM

pope scrambles to find free webhosting and make a web page...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:
August 9, 2003 2:52:30 PM

portland.co.uk offer a free 15mb with NO ads. ;) 

AMD Is An Anagram Of MAD, Intel Is An Anagram Of INLET, Cyrix...Ah Who Cares?
August 9, 2003 3:38:32 PM

hmm...i never made a web page before...maybe i should use it to show off the benchmarks of my stompin piii system? nah...wouldn't wana hurt you AXP and p4 lovers...lol

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:
August 9, 2003 7:15:10 PM

You are such a TROLL!

1. Prescott is not delayed, it will be out in Q4 2003.
2. What benchmarks? Opteron is not meant to compete with P4, it competes with Xeon and A64 is not out yet.

Wanted: Large breasted live-in housekeeper. Must be a good cook, organized, and willing to pick up after me.
August 10, 2003 3:21:51 AM

Where did you get your info on Prescott being delayed till 2 nd ahlf of 2004?
August 10, 2003 4:14:30 AM

i think he made it up...

August 10, 2003 4:31:41 AM

calm down INTEL BOY sheeeshh.. its only hardware.. no need to get all crazy
August 10, 2003 11:45:38 AM

hmmm good advice. Maybe you should also follow it :smile:

<b>Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>
August 10, 2003 2:21:31 PM

Ya he makes up a lot of stuff. Just to get everyones goat.
August 10, 2003 4:31:43 PM

Hey, I'm just here to expose you as a forum troll.

You worship the ground AMD walks on and believe everthing AMD is good and everthing Intel is bad. This makes you the worst kind of fanboy.

You makeup BS about Intel just to get everyone worked up. This makes you the worst kind of troll.

You have the worst forum etiquette most of us have ever seen. This makes you flat out irritating.

You spend your day searching for and posting FUD on Intel from obscure fanboy sites and believing it as gospel. This shows us you are an idiot.

I'm just pointing out the facts... no need to get all crazy. If you don't like it then seek life elsewhere.

Wanted: Large breasted live-in housekeeper. Must be a good cook, organized, and willing to pick up after me.
August 10, 2003 5:03:01 PM

You said a mouth full on poopy.
August 10, 2003 5:37:30 PM

yeah i am a troll alright ... i hate INTEL and support AMD... although i Have an INTEL system and recommend INTEL systems to people.

your an idiot of biblical proportions
August 10, 2003 5:40:08 PM

i got advice for u

turn the gas on ya stove on full blast and play with matches
August 10, 2003 5:43:53 PM

stock jocking other people

stand on your own to feet

be a man... your ove of anything INTEL has made u a woman
August 10, 2003 5:48:38 PM

Look the Troll has spoken. He hates Intel but supports AMD. Yet owns Intel go figure.
August 10, 2003 7:42:10 PM

Quote:

You make comments like this and get pissed when someone calls you a troll. How exactly would you classify it? There is absolutly no truth in that statement.

You don't start threads based on any facts, you just make [-peep-] up to start a flame war. This is what trolls do.

I am not the idiot... I am just pointing out how childish your behavior is. Grow up.

August 10, 2003 10:21:55 PM

Yesss! Yes, popegoldx, at least tell us how old you are...

Just for a case study... :smile:

:evil:  <font color=red><b>M</b></font color=red>ephistopheles
August 10, 2003 11:03:13 PM

ooo how original. Are you reading from an insult script?

Chill out man. Seriously.
Take a virtual step back and look at what you post.

<b>Regards,
August 11, 2003 1:48:10 AM

He's mentally challenged, he thinks his world is the right one.

He's on his way out of this forum. This guy neither respects people nor contributes anything at all. Not even JOKES!

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>The sexiest website ever, guaranteed XXX!!!</font color=blue></b></A> :wink:
PS: New sexy users' sites now added! :smile:
August 11, 2003 2:11:34 AM

While I found these two quotes mildly amusing...

Quote:
you're an idiot of biblical proportions

Quote:
be a man... your ove of anything INTEL has made u a woman

This Pope, is completely hilarious
Quote:
respect my gangsta

LOL wtf is that supposed to mean?
If you are looking for gangster lovin this is not the place.

Whilst I am on the rebel AMD side in heart (I've always been an underdog, and always support the underdog), I cannot come out in public support of you as an AMD fan because you make a continual ass of yourself.

Why dont you actually debate over the latest Opteron benchies posted by Anandtech?
I found the Opterton (A64) to run very well against Intel, in fact I was impressed enough by that article by AMDZone that I'm already sold on A64.. ya get round about Intel 32bit performance and 64bit! I dont know why anyone would waste their money on a new processor and not get 64bit functions.. even just for the hell of it. :tongue:
<A HREF="http://www.amdzone.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1328" target="_new">Linky to AMDZone</A>

Its my feeling that as long as A64 is somewhat faster than the XPs I'm going to be happy and purchase one, I'm interested in 64bit future.. I prefer GPU performance myself over CPU.

And are you Japanese or something? Your subject lines read like godzilla influenced jap newspaper.

I agree many Intel fans are straight losers but dont add to our AMD camp plz.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500
August 11, 2003 3:09:54 AM

Thats the best yet. godzilla. Looks like you nailed that one.
August 11, 2003 3:16:34 AM

your have no sense of humor gay-boy

go fondle the blue man group
August 11, 2003 3:24:53 AM

Is it possible for you, at least once, to say something NOT insulting?
Show us how mature you can be.

I own an AMD. My GF owns an intel. My next CPU might be a A64 or opteron. Or it could be a P4.
I let the price/performance equation work for me. Does that make me a bad person pope?

<b>Regards,
August 11, 2003 3:29:57 AM

That makes too much sense. I' don't think poopy can figure that out.
August 11, 2003 4:15:37 AM

Hey i'm with pope man here, at least i can get a laugh out of him. I get sick of clicking on sections and getting the same question 4 times, some crap question like 3.2 or 2.8, or 9800 or 5900. So even though popes brain is hemoraging most of the time, he is still good cause he is AMD. And If it wasn't for Amd their would be 3 intel chips on the market, one costing an arm, the other a leg and the other popes head!!!

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!
August 11, 2003 4:28:12 AM

buddy you have to understand...that if a company gets a monopoly it gets cumbersome...and eventually gets taken down...so if amd does die...or if they do go into the ultra low end (i am not saying they will)...another company will come along and give intel a run for its money...

It has happened in the past in many industries (american car industry 1970's) (intel vs amd vs cyrix vs nexgen vs zilog vs moterola in the 70's and 80's)...

What i don't like is people buying a cpu based on brand...that just pisses me off...i used to be amd hard core...i mean if someone said intel to me a year ago i would say UGH!...i was even mad at myself for getting a piii...now i am slowly starting to realise SOOO WHAT! It is a brand ok...who cares...amd and intel are companies...they are trying to make money off of you...and that's that...i have learned never to put all of my faith into 1 company...there is no reason...you should be able to drop your current brand and pick up the next best thing no matter what brand it is made by..

that is my .02 and i know alot of people agree and disagree with my opinion...but i thought i would put it out there...cause i know that it can be a hard idea to grasp...although it may sound so simple to some people...it took me a while to figure this out...

August 11, 2003 4:42:09 AM

You're obviously a newbie if you don't know the real deal in this forum.

You've never met AMD_Meltdown. Now THAT was class-act trolling.

Pope is a wannabe, he ain't funny at all.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>The sexiest website ever, guaranteed XXX!!!</font color=blue></b></A> :wink:
PS: New sexy users' sites now added! :smile:
August 11, 2003 4:43:08 AM

Quote:
I agree many Intel fans are straight losers but dont add to our AMD camp plz.

Knowing Intel has been extremely intelligent lately, I'd gladly say there are tons more AMD people that are losers lately than ever. We could dig zealots out of the web, like the Apple ones. They would never support Intel's big hand even if they're better.

--
PS: New sexy users' sites now added! :smile: <P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Eden on 08/11/03 00:43 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 11, 2003 4:43:26 AM

I just remember buying a pentium 2, i think it was a 166. The only real option was the 166 or 166mmx, i think the 200 had just come out but it cost a lot lot more. From memory, correct me if i'm wrong, the AMD alternative or was it cyrix was not highly publisised and seemed to be a bit slower and not as reliable. Not that i really new, but they were my impressions at the time. Now back then the cpu seemed to cost a higher percentage of the system than it does now, mind you if you want a 2.8 ghz chip its still expensive. You say another company will come along, i wish one would give microsoft a run for its money!!! Maybe it is the evolution of the comp industry, i dont know, maybe we will have as many cpu companies as car companies. I buy on a cost performance ratio depending on my needs and budget. So chill pentium man.

August 11, 2003 5:08:37 AM

I have owned many amd and intel chips...although never a cyrix...

There is no such thing as a pentium II 166...or 200

the first pentium 2 started a 233mhz and scaled to 450mhz

at the time of the pII 233 their WAS an amd alternative...the K6-2 266...it had about equal performance to a pII 233...

Linux IS giving microsoft a run for their money! Have you ever used that opperating system?

Well considering the barton 3200 performs worse than a p4 2.8c...and the 2.8 is cheaper...i think amd's P to P gets pretty screwed up on the high end...low end it is good...mid end it is iffy...

And finally plz...do not tell me to chill out...my previous post was perfictly calm and collected...if you ever see me use caps lock on a word...it just means i am emphisising it...not that i am going crazy at my keyboard...

August 11, 2003 5:22:07 AM

Yea i remembered after i posted it was just a pentium. No i havn't used Linux i may do some research their as i need a second operating system. I wont be upgraging for a while, i just put a 2400xp onto my old GA 7vtxe, it was only about $75 US so next time its a new system for me, maybe end of next year. Do you know overclockable this chip is?

August 11, 2003 5:30:52 AM

yes i do...do you know how overclockable a 2.4c is...i mean both intel and amd have good overclocking chips...i do not want to start an amd vs intel debate...that was not my point

I just want to say that you should not buy amd just because you like the underdog...

August 11, 2003 5:41:07 AM

I meant that as a serios question , I have Easytune 3 and was wondering what would be a safe level to overclock, would i need to change bios setting like multipliers and voltage etc. I'm quite a nebie to overclocking as my poor old duron wasn't up to much.

August 11, 2003 5:46:18 AM

ok...

I would first of all do all your overclocking from the bios...

what is your ram speed and can you give more system specs plz...that will determine how far you can overclock...

But you have good chances of hitting 2.1 - 2.4ghz...

August 11, 2003 5:54:20 AM

Thats because yesteryears normal AMD fans are now intel fans. The norms switch every year, but there are losers on both camps side that will always defend amd/intel until the bitter end.

I feel out of place from both of those types.
I think that the great debate over whether AMD can compete is over forever.
If they do go under, IBM or NV will gladly take over and then Intel will have some serious issues (as if they dont have more than they should already) to contend with.

But im no 'fan' of intel from years of price gouging.
This is all fair in the game of business but AMD makes me very happy to see.
Both CPUs are fine and equal IMHO ATM, especially for forums as most people here use their computer for. :tongue:

The performance difference is just not enough to justify switching from AMD and especially considering your going a more expensive route anyway.. leaves no point.
Besides posting on some stupid forum about how leet you are.. woot woot.

I prefer AMD as you know, and feel that while both lines are 'equal enough' now, AMD has a definitly brighter immediate future than Intel judging from the tide of recent events.

So I will continue trekking with my AMD and the rest of you will be switching motherboards and processors every year.
Take that you trendy punks! :wink:

And if you want the honest to god truth, I would only switch to intel if they had something significant that AMD didnt.. like 64bit.. but... they dont..

100watt 32bit only prescott.. only for fanboys.

disclaimer now- if you want a flame war, talk to Pope.
I'm unavailable.

Respect my gangtsta

edit- I am personally not going to continue to bump this sh*t of a thread up anymore, and would prefer to let this thread die a quick death. Please join the effort to eradicate idiocy.

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by kinney on 08/11/03 00:58 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
August 11, 2003 6:02:42 AM

GA7VTXE mobo 266 fsb

384mb pc2100 ram can boost to 640 from other system.

not sure what the latency of ram is.

7200 hard drive

August 11, 2003 7:09:58 PM

<<100watt 32bit only prescott.. only for fanboys>>>

u got that right bro

RESPECT MY GANGSTA
August 11, 2003 9:32:46 PM

OK one more bump.. your funny I kinda like you.
Definitely make the forum amusing and enjoyable with your sly comments.

YOUR AN ICON TO US POPE. lol.

RMG (respect my gangsta 2003 beeyatch!)

Athlon 1700+, Epox 8RDA (NForce2), Maxtor Diamondmax Plus 9 80GB 8MB cache, 2x256mb Crucial PC2100 in Dual DDR, Geforce 3, Audigy, Z560s, MX500
August 12, 2003 1:14:49 PM

its amsuing to see people want to commit murder over me calling INTELS new chip a TOASTER OVEN( which it is )

amazing

i rather goto war over some quality snatch and some 36 D's ... but hey thats just me
!