PSC 2510 all-in-one: how to assign fixed IP address manual..

The manual says you can use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to set the
advanced wireless features, but to use the EWS you have to enter the
printer's IP address into the browser. But according to the network
configuration page that I printed out, the printer's IP address is currently
set to nothing (0.0.0.0). The printer's URL is also not set to anything.

I cannot figure out how to assign a fixed IP address manually to the PSC
2510. At present the printer is connected via USB cable to a laptop (running
Win98). I want to make the printer available to several PCs on a wireless
network. The printer networking menu does not appear to let you key in an
IP address in the same way you would key in a fax header and fax phone
number in the fax setup menu. Is it possible to enter the IP address via the
printer keypad?

Thanks
Timo

The printer cannot have an IP address unless it has an Ethernet connection to a
network. If the PSC 2510 does not have provision for adding an HP EIO network
card, then it would need an HP external JetDirect box to have its own internet
address... Ben Myers

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:54:24 -0500, "Timo" <timo@anonymous.biz> wrote:

>The manual says you can use the Embedded Web Server (EWS) to set the
>advanced wireless features, but to use the EWS you have to enter the
>printer's IP address into the browser. But according to the network
>configuration page that I printed out, the printer's IP address is currently
>set to nothing (0.0.0.0). The printer's URL is also not set to anything.
>
>I cannot figure out how to assign a fixed IP address manually to the PSC
>2510. At present the printer is connected via USB cable to a laptop (running
>Win98). I want to make the printer available to several PCs on a wireless
>network. The printer networking menu does not appear to let you key in an
>IP address in the same way you would key in a fax header and fax phone
>number in the fax setup menu. Is it possible to enter the IP address via the
>printer keypad?
>
>Thanks
>Timo

The HP web site indicates that the PSC 2510 has built-in Ethernet. In that
case, your best choice is to use one of the HP network printer wizards which
allow you to interrogate the printer according to its MAC address, then set it
up, configuring the IP address and other particulars. Somewhere near the
Ethernet connector there should be a sticker with the MAC address on it.