Opinion- Fathom backglass repro- Good?

oldschool

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I was surprised when I got an offer this morning from someone who has
one he will sell. He bought it before he got a Fathom. And the game he
ended up buying had a perfect glass in it. Understandable.

After the deal checks out to be legit, not a mirrorless translite or
something, which I doubt is the case, what is the opinion on the
quality of the repro? I had no idea they were even made. Was there only
one person/company who made these? I did a Google Search and found a
bunch of posts saying it was impossible to make one.

OldSchool

Darin at Phoenixarcade made them last year. They're beautiful.

I had them side by side and really didn't see a difference. I thought
the repro was superb.

I've seen and touched it.

It's absolutely perfect.

--
Fred
TX

"OldSchool" <pballwiz1966@aol.com> wrote

> I was surprised when I got an offer this morning from someone who has
> one he will sell. He bought it before he got a Fathom. And the game he
> ended up buying had a perfect glass in it. Understandable.
>
> After the deal checks out to be legit, not a mirrorless translite or
> something, which I doubt is the case, what is the opinion on the
> quality of the repro?

While they are not exact, they are really nice. Especially if you have
a flaking one.

John!

OldSchool wrote:

> After the deal checks out to be legit, not a mirrorless translite or
> something, which I doubt is the case, what is the opinion on the
> quality of the repro? I had no idea they were even made. Was there only
>
> OldSchool

I guess scale...

Original is finer screen print? I am not a graphics person, bigger
pixels on the repro maybe? I bought 2 even though my original is in
great shape. I think Darin still has some in stock last time I looked
at his website. Other than the graphic detail, it is a superb job. And
that is only noticeable when you have them side by side.

John!

OldSchool wrote:
> GAP
>
> By "not exact", you mean colors, design art, centering, mirroring,
> scale...What?

You shouldn't see any pixelation at all as they were silk screened, not
printed. The pics I've seen (and I've only seen pics) don't show pixel
dots. Got any closeups John?

--
Cliffy - CARGPB2
A passion for pinball!

It is superb, I agree.

John!

Chris Lyon wrote:
> I had them side by side and really didn't see a difference. I thought
> the repro was superb.

No, not that you can see the pixels, it is just the detail of the
printing. My graphical lack of knowledge is glaring here...

I'll see if I can get some pics this weekend.

Again, they are superb, don't get me wrong!

(Kelso just bought a pinball of That 70's show, a 50% profit!)

John!