poor color

August 24, 2005 8:52:03 PM

im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help

More about : poor color

August 24, 2005 8:57:03 PM

Check the monitor cable to make sure there are no bent pins

"mrjemp69" wrote:

> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
> how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:25:02 PM

There are a number of possibilities for why you're not getting any red color.
The most likely reasons are that you have a bad pin on your monitor
connector or a bad monitor in general. If you were having problems with ALL
colors, the cause would be more likely to be your video card. Try a
different monitor and see if that works.

"mrjemp69" wrote:

> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
> how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help
August 25, 2005 5:45:17 AM

=?Utf-8?B?bXJqZW1wNjk=?= wrote:

> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
> how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help

No red means a bad cable or bad monitor.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
August 25, 2005 5:58:37 AM

On one of my test benches and one of my favorite monitors Sony Trinitron
from the abuse and use daily it finally lost a pin. Testing without red
only comes into play really for me when seeing the pie chart.
--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

"Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
> =?Utf-8?B?bXJqZW1wNjk=?= wrote:
>>
>> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know
>> why or
>> how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please
>> help
>
> No red means a bad cable or bad monitor.
>

> --
> http://www.bootdisk.com/

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 6:49:03 AM

Kelly wrote:

> On one of my test benches and one of my favorite monitors Sony Trinitron
> from the abuse and use daily it finally lost a pin. Testing without red
> only comes into play really for me when seeing the pie chart.

I always use extension vga cables for all my monitors and on the kids
setup. They dont always fit tight so I just use electrical tape to keep
the extension cable attached to the original. Pin gets bent/broke, no
problem. Only loss is the 3 buck cable.

> >> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know
> >> why or
> >> how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please
> >> help
> >
> > No red means a bad cable or bad monitor.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 9:45:47 AM

It seems to be a VGA cable problem.Check the cable.Or, it could be a
loose/bent pin in the connector on the video card.

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

mrjemp69 wrote:
> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
> how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:15:02 PM

mrjemp69 wrote:

> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont
> know why or how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit
> someone please help

Several possibilities:

1. Loose connection from monitor to video card

2. Bad monitor

3. Bad cable

4. Bad video card.

Try number 1 first. Tighten the cable. If that doesn't fix it, try the
monitor on another computer, another monitor on this computer, etc. That
will narrow down the problem.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup

Yikes, where have I been? Thanks, Ed.....done deal and ordered. :o )

http://www.cablestogo.com/categories.asp?cat_id=2800
http://www.cablesnmor.com/svga-cables.html
http://www.vpi.us/cables.html

Thanks, Ed.