poor color

im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help
8 answers Last reply
More about poor color

    Check the monitor cable to make sure there are no bent pins

    "mrjemp69" wrote:

    > im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
    > how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help

    There are a number of possibilities for why you're not getting any red color.
    The most likely reasons are that you have a bad pin on your monitor
    connector or a bad monitor in general. If you were having problems with ALL
    colors, the cause would be more likely to be your video card. Try a
    different monitor and see if that works.

    =?Utf-8?B?bXJqZW1wNjk=?= wrote:

    > im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know why or
    > how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please help

    No red means a bad cable or bad monitor.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    On one of my test benches and one of my favorite monitors Sony Trinitron
    from the abuse and use daily it finally lost a pin. Testing without red
    only comes into play really for me when seeing the pie chart.
    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Kelly wrote:

    > On one of my test benches and one of my favorite monitors Sony Trinitron
    > from the abuse and use daily it finally lost a pin. Testing without red
    > only comes into play really for me when seeing the pie chart.

    I always use extension vga cables for all my monitors and on the kids
    setup. They dont always fit tight so I just use electrical tape to keep
    the extension cable attached to the original. Pin gets bent/broke, no
    problem. Only loss is the 3 buck cable.

    > >> im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont know
    > >> why or
    > >> how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit someone please
    > >> help
    > >
    > > No red means a bad cable or bad monitor.

    It seems to be a VGA cable problem.Check the cable.Or, it could be a
    loose/bent pin in the connector on the video card.

    regards,
    ssg MS-MVP

    mrjemp69 wrote:

    > im having trouble with my color. i have no red at all and i dont
    > know why or how to fix it. my video card is nvidia g force 32bit
    > someone please help

    Several possibilities:

    1. Loose connection from monitor to video card

    2. Bad monitor

    3. Bad cable

    4. Bad video card.

    Try number 1 first. Tighten the cable. If that doesn't fix it, try the
    monitor on another computer, another monitor on this computer, etc. That
    will narrow down the problem.

    --
    Ken Blake
    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Yikes, where have I been? Thanks, Ed.....done deal and ordered. :o)

    http://www.cablestogo.com/categories.asp?cat_id=2800
    http://www.cablesnmor.com/svga-cables.html
    http://www.vpi.us/cables.html

    Thanks, Ed.

    --

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > Kelly wrote:
    >>
    >> On one of my test benches and one of my favorite monitors Sony Trinitron
    >> from the abuse and use daily it finally lost a pin. Testing without red
    >> only comes into play really for me when seeing the pie chart.
    >
    > I always use extension vga cables for all my monitors and on the kids
    > setup. They dont always fit tight so I just use electrical tape to keep
    > the extension cable attached to the original. Pin gets bent/broke, no
    > problem. Only loss is the 3 buck cable.

    >> > No red means a bad cable or bad monitor.

Microsoft Windows XP