Closed Solved

USB

Hello,
where can I download universal serial bus controller driver?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Hi :)

    For what ?

    All the best Brett :)
  2. I restarted windows 7 on my laptop, but some drivers were missed. So now just one of my 4 usb ports works. 3 of them still dont work. So I got a problem.
  3. waterdenb said:
    I restarted windows 7 on my laptop, but some drivers were missed. So now just one of my 4 usb ports works. 3 of them still dont work. So I got a problem.



    Hi :)

    I own a laptop repair company...

    If 1 usb port works and 3 don't....its NOT a driver problem, its a hardware problem....

    All the best Brett :)
  4. waterdenb said:
    I restarted windows 7 on my laptop, but some drivers were missed. So now just one of my 4 usb ports works. 3 of them still dont work. So I got a problem.

    What laptop model are you using?
  5. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    I own a laptop repair company...

    If 1 usb port works and 3 don't....its NOT a driver problem, its a hardware problem....

    All the best Brett :)



    Thanks
  6. azathoth said:
    What laptop model are you using?



    Dell Vostro 3550
  7. Best answer
    Then you need to download the USB 3.0 controller software for your laptop.

    This link is for a 32-bit OS.
    http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/vostro-3550?driverId=HCP1C&osCode=W732&fileId=2731102971


    And this is if you have a 64-bit OS.
    http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/vostro-3550?driverId=HCP1C&osCode=W764&fileId=2731102971

    The one working port you have is a USB 2.0 port, which is why it works fine right off the bat.

    The Three other ports are USB3.0, and they require a driver that windows cannot find by itself. So you just install the appropriate linked drivers, and off you go! :)
  8. Hi :)

    We have sold these in my shops....if my memory serves me correctly....

    It has 2 usb 3 ports not 3... you also have 1 usb 2 port and 1 usb2 /esata port

    Assuming that i am correct, its still a hardware problem.... if only one port is working...

    All the best Brett :)
  9. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    We have sold these in my shops....if my memory serves me correctly....

    It has 2 usb 3 ports not 3... you also have 1 usb 2 port and 1 usb2 /esata port

    Assuming that i am correct, its still a hardware problem.... if only one port is working...

    All the best Brett :)


    He needs to install the drivers for the USB3.0 Ports, it's not a hardware problem, it is simply software.
  10. azathoth said:
    Then you need to download the USB 3.0 controller software for your laptop.

    This link is for a 32-bit OS.
    http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/vostro-3550?driverId=HCP1C&osCode=W732&fileId=2731102971


    And this is if you have a 64-bit OS.
    http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/DriverDetails/Product/vostro-3550?driverId=HCP1C&osCode=W764&fileId=2731102971

    The one working port you have is a USB 2.0 port, which is why it works fine right off the bat.

    The Three other ports are USB3.0, and they require a driver that windows cannot find by itself. So you just install the appropriate linked drivers, and off you go! :)



    thank you a lot. it works now. But there still has one problem. My hdmi port isnt working, can you suggest where can I download drivers for that device?
  11. Best answer selected by waterdenb.
  12. This topic has been closed by Proximon
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Download Bus Controller USB Windows 7