Dimension 4700 Users- How quiet is your system

I have a Dimension 3000 Celeron D 2.4 Ghz system now.

I am also contemplating to purchase a Dimension 4700 2.8 HT system.

The issue of fan noise is a big thing for me and I would like to confirm
whether this machine at this speed is loud?

I want a quiet/silent system as my Dimension 3000.

Many thanks and happy holidays.

Jd

have a dell 4600 2.8 p4 sans HT. it's somewhat similar to the 4700.
it's a fairly quiet machine. i have a fanless passively cooled graphics
board, and this also helps keep noise down. of course it's a low buck
board, but it suits my needs well for now. : )

I've got a 4500 here, and we have various other Dells coming and going at
the office, and they've all been quite quiet. My sense is that, generally
speaking, Dells are as quiet as you're going to find in mainstream machines.
You might want to avoid the fan-cooled graphics cards to keep it just a bit
quieter.

If you're really fanatical on the subject, check this out:

http://www.voodoopc.com/sellPage.aspx?productID=1013

"Riverdaleguy" <yatko2004@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>I have a Dimension 3000 Celeron D 2.4 Ghz system now.
>
> I am also contemplating to purchase a Dimension 4700 2.8 HT system.
>
> The issue of fan noise is a big thing for me and I would like to confirm
> whether this machine at this speed is loud?
>
> I want a quiet/silent system as my Dimension 3000.
>
> Many thanks and happy holidays.

Delboy

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

"jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote in message
> have a dell 4600 2.8 p4 sans HT. it's somewhat similar to the 4700.
> it's a fairly quiet machine. i have a fanless passively cooled graphics
> board, and this also helps keep noise down. of course it's a low buck
> board, but it suits my needs well for now. : )

My 4700 is quiet compared to my amd system.
Dave

My Dimension 4700 M is one of the the quietest PCs I ever had - the quietest
one was a Apple ][ without a fan. But be sure to buy a graphics card without
fan. The configuration: Intel 3.2GHz, HDD 160GB, Ram 1GB. 2*DVD. The DVDs
are really horrible loud when operating.

uli

TRENDING THREADS