WTF?? AMD to buy 50% of Intel?

hineigger

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
This can't be right. According to CNN and the New york times, Intel "In a gesture not short of surrendering" will sell half its company to AMD due to what Intel sources call "surprising dominance" on AMD's part, so much that apparently Intel's lower sales compared to AMD are getting even lower.

The report says Intel's old disadvantage of being priced to high is now being added to by the disadvantage of having the less performing cpus, making the saying "why pay more for less" come to mind.

Latest marks show AMD's cpu's, before the 200fsb was introduced, already dominated Intel's lated 400fsb cpu's, making the new 200fsb AMD's untouchable.

This angers me. So what if Intel can't do what it did before or compete with AMD any longer. Competition is what counts here for us as the consumers, and if AMD kills all its opponents like then we'll be paying more for AMD's because it will be all thats left.

But I guess in this world only the strong survive.

Boilermaker

Distinguished
May 6, 2003
didn't you start an ati to sell half its company to nvdia thread in the graphics forum? should i not be surprised there isnt a link to these reports in your post?

SJJM

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2003
That's funny I thought I was going to buy 50% of Intel. Intel must be doing stuff behind my back, well I guess I will not be doing buisness with them. Hey hineigger don't you have better things to do with your time then to make things up. You do know all you get is people who will make fun of you. Do you like the reactions from the people, if so good to other and post funny things there or post what if's.

<font color=blue>"You know, that my backstab attack does double the damage. I can make an off button for him." </font color=blue> :cool:

speeduk

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2003
News just in, this guy will sell 50% of himself to his other half just for attention.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6850469 " target="_new"> MY RIG </A>
<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=1065087" target="_new"> 3D-03 </A>
<font color=red> 120% overclocker </font color=red> (cheapskate)

RRAMJET

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
I heard that AMD is being paid my intel to hold back on technology advancement, R&D, due to intels inability to work out what sort of RAM is best for them. The report i read was saying that AMD arn't happy with the deal and have offered intels research teams and comp. engineers positions as factory supervisers, can this be for real.

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!

hineigger

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2003
Cant you guys have a serious conversation??

I swear if Intel guys hear something they don't like they just refuse to have a serious conversation about it. Grow up.

endyen

Splendid
He kind of has a scary point though. Intel could set up a dummy corp to buy AMD. To them it would only be chump change. Then AMD would be held back by shareholders. Oh no that's already happening, guess Intel doesn't have to waste the money.

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
to start a "serious" conversation we need facts...

I could start a converation that IBM is gonna team up with Texas instruments and buy back cyrix from Via...would anyone beleive me...hell no!

If you are gonna start a provocitive thread you need a foundation...and you have not provided that...give us the facts and we will talk!

I would be very interested to see that article...provide a link and a i am sure we could brew up quite a conversation...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
its all a spoof. he is some retard who thinks its funny to post false information to freak people out. i can picture this obese little man , or this pimple faced teenager sitting in a dark room chuckling to themselves over and over again

hes a tool. ignore his threads

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new"> I highly recommend you DONT click my signature. Dont say I didnt warn you!1!! </A>

TTZX

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2003
Haha you AMDummies are pretty funny, I get my daily dose of comedy from these guys.

P4 2.4C @ 3.0GHz 1.525V Stock HSF
Abit IS7 BIOS v1.3 GAT Auto
Corsair XMS 512MB TwinX3200C2 2-3-3-6
GeForce4 Ti4200 AGP8X 128MB
Seagate Barracuda 7220.7 80GB SATA

pIII_Man

Splendid
Mar 19, 2003
buddy where is the article?

and an overclocked 2.4 would kill an amd...i am sorry but that is the truth have you looked at benchies?

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:

eden

Champion
Your mom still hasn't recovered from dropping you 70 times.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>The sexiest website ever, guaranteed XXX!!!</font color=blue></b></A> :wink:
PS: New sexy users' sites now added! :smile:

eden

Champion
The irony is that if AMD could even buy half of what Intel's economical chart looks like, they:
1)Can't afford that much
2)They'd spend all their company's money, so they'd be done in the transition of funds, lol.

Hineigger is gonna be on his way out if he tries to play dumb like this. There were trolls once, and then there were idiot troll-wannabees. I'm considering getting Fredi's attention on Hin and Pope.

--
<A HREF="http://www.lochel.com/THGC/album.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>The sexiest website ever, guaranteed XXX!!!</font color=blue></b></A> :wink:
PS: New sexy users' sites now added! :smile:

MaximumGoat

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2003
popes annoying, but can at least be amusing occasionally, and its funny watching everyone get pissed with him,

but this guys a fvcking nut and should be banned for writing unfounded cr@p thats misleading, pointless and obviously made up.

"keyboard error or no keyboard present, press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup" spot the deliberate mistake