john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a compaq Deskpro EN. I recenty did a system restore, but it did not
restore the video drivers for this system. How do i fine out what video
controller is in this system. I went out to compaq, but it had a long
list of drivers for this type of system. the system is out of warranty and
compaq won't help. Can anybody out here tell me how to fine out?

Thanks

John,

First, which version of Windows is installed?
Second, does the system have video integrated on the motherboard, or is there a
separate video card?
Third, what style of chassis is it? Tower? Desktop? Small form factor (SFF)?

.... Ben Myers

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:55:35 GMT, "John" <jwhiting1@ec.rr.com> wrote:

>I have a compaq Deskpro EN. I recenty did a system restore, but it did not
>restore the video drivers for this system. How do i fine out what video
>controller is in this system. I went out to compaq, but it had a long
>list of drivers for this type of system. the system is out of warranty and
>compaq won't help. Can anybody out here tell me how to fine out?
>
>Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Sorry about the lack of info---- Im running windows2000 pro and video is
integrated and the chassis is a SFF.

> John,
>
> First, which version of Windows is installed?
> Second, does the system have video integrated on the motherboard, or is
there a
> separate video card?
> Third, what style of chassis is it? Tower? Desktop? Small form factor
(SFF)?

> ... Ben Myers
>
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:55:35 GMT, "John" <jwhiting1@ec.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a compaq Deskpro EN. I recenty did a system restore, but it did
not
> >restore the video drivers for this system. How do i fine out what video
> >controller is in this system. I went out to compaq, but it had a long
> >list of drivers for this type of system. the system is out of warranty
and
> >compaq won't help. Can anybody out here tell me how to fine out?
> >
> >Thanks

Good! Go to the Intel website, look for the 815 motherboard chipset drivers.
They are the same for all Intel 815 chipset boards. Install the motherboard
drivers first. Then go to the nVidia web site, download the latest
be-all-end-all nVidia video driver set (nVidia Riva TNT2 chip) and install the
video drivers. Sound chip is an ADI chip and Intel web site also has drivers
for it. That should do it... Ben Myers

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:16:48 GMT, "John" <jwhiting1@ec.rr.com> wrote:

>Sorry about the lack of info---- Im running windows2000 pro and video is
>integrated and the chassis is a SFF.

>> John,
>>
>> First, which version of Windows is installed?
>> Second, does the system have video integrated on the motherboard, or is
>there a
>> separate video card?
>> Third, what style of chassis is it? Tower? Desktop? Small form factor
>(SFF)?
>>
>> ... Ben Myers
>>
>> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:55:35 GMT, "John" <jwhiting1@ec.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a compaq Deskpro EN. I recenty did a system restore, but it did
>not
>> >restore the video drivers for this system. How do i fine out what video
>> >controller is in this system. I went out to compaq, but it had a long
>> >list of drivers for this type of system. the system is out of warranty
>and
>> >compaq won't help. Can anybody out here tell me how to fine out?
>> >
>> >Thanks

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Ben that did the trick. Thank you so Very Much!

John

> Good! Go to the Intel website, look for the 815 motherboard chipset
drivers.
> They are the same for all Intel 815 chipset boards. Install the
motherboard
> drivers first. Then go to the nVidia web site, download the latest
> be-all-end-all nVidia video driver set (nVidia Riva TNT2 chip) and install
the
> video drivers. Sound chip is an ADI chip and Intel web site also has
drivers
> for it. That should do it... Ben Myers
>
> On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 03:16:48 GMT, "John" <jwhiting1@ec.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >Sorry about the lack of info---- Im running windows2000 pro and video is
> >integrated and the chassis is a SFF.
> >
> ><ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers)> wrote in message
> >> John,
> >>
> >> First, which version of Windows is installed?
> >> Second, does the system have video integrated on the motherboard, or is
> >there a
> >> separate video card?
> >> Third, what style of chassis is it? Tower? Desktop? Small form
factor
> >(SFF)?
> >>
> >> ... Ben Myers

> >not
> >and

I recently got a short stack of the SFF boxes at a corporate garage sale, and
I've had to set them up... Ben Myers