Sign in with
Your question

Genuine Pic of an A64

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
August 10, 2003 6:58:47 PM

<A HREF="http://theinquirer.net/?article=10960" target="_new">Click</A>

Are there any image programs that can sucessfully de blur that pic ?! or do you need to know the exact blur algorithum to sucessfully <i>unblur</i> it ?

Any guesses on the speed rating/Mhz ? 2Ghz ? 2.2Ghz ?

<font color=purple>Ladies and Gentlemen, its...Hammer Time !</font color=purple>

More about : genuine pic a64

August 10, 2003 8:15:50 PM

...because blurring involves averaging the colour of surrounding pixels, it's probably impossible to successfully reveal the blurred section.

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.
August 10, 2003 11:03:41 PM

Wow, how impressive is that?

Not saying it isn't an A64, but it really could be anything. Why does this sort of thing make news?

Wanted: Large breasted live-in housekeeper. Must be a good cook, organized, and willing to pick up after me.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
August 10, 2003 11:16:41 PM

Well according to scuttlebutt the A64 wont be released at under 2Ghz, so its either a 2.0, 2.2 or 2.4Ghz part.

As for unblurring its theoretically possible.
If a common blur tool from a well known imaging package is used it would be concievable to work out a reverse process...
But of course you would need to know:
A. the program
B. the blur method
C. the precise regoin blured
D. to what extent blur was applied, was it applied multiple times and also what direction.

In other words, forget it :smile:

<b>Regards,
Mr no integrity coward.</b>
August 11, 2003 12:25:52 AM

"Why does this sort of thing make news?"

exactly, its hardly news, they may as well have just put a blank picture rather than blurring it, and its looks exactly like the opteron anyway (or a P4 for that matter).

"keyboard error or no keyboard present, press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup" spot the deliberate mistake
August 11, 2003 12:52:48 AM

bios checksum error...

If i put my k6 in a Ferrari it would be faster than your your pentium 4 or Athlon XP :tongue:
August 11, 2003 12:57:18 AM

eh?

"keyboard error or no keyboard present, press F1 to continue or DEL to enter setup" spot the deliberate mistake
August 11, 2003 1:05:18 AM

the mistake is that if your keyboad isnt working/not present you cant press F1 or DEL!!!! so you have to turn it off the nasty way, this is a genuine message!!!

!