Trying to download Broadband Updates

My repeated attempts to download and install latest
critical update from the MS Broadband Update Service web
site invariably result in the following error message
appearing after having accomplished what seems to be
successful download portion of the process:

MSBNDownload application update
The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The
executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted.
Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its
integrity, and try again.

Has anyone else seen this?
-- Michael
3 answers Last reply
More about trying download broadband updates

    You have a corrupt download. Delete it & try again.

    Michael B-P wrote:
    > My repeated attempts to download and install latest
    > critical update from the MS Broadband Update Service web
    > site invariably result in the following error message
    > appearing after having accomplished what seems to be
    > successful download portion of the process:
    >
    > MSBNDownload application update
    > The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The
    > executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted.
    > Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its
    > integrity, and try again.
    >
    > Has anyone else seen this?
    > -- Michael

    I have already tried this several times. Since
    accompanying instructions for the download state preferred
    method is to "open" rather than "save" I have done that
    repeatedly. But I have also tried "save" (including "save"
    to other than a Windows tmp folder ). None of this results
    in successful install after download. Any further ideas?
    Thanks!

    Delete your temporary internet Files.

    Then Run "%TEMP%" without the quotes, but with the "%" signs. Delete
    everything in the folder that opens.

    Then try again.

    Also uninstall any download accelerators you may have installed.

    Michael B-P wrote:
    > I have already tried this several times. Since
    > accompanying instructions for the download state preferred
    > method is to "open" rather than "save" I have done that
    > repeatedly. But I have also tried "save" (including "save"
    > to other than a Windows tmp folder ). None of this results
    > in successful install after download. Any further ideas?
    > Thanks!

Routers Download Broadband Hardware Error Message Microsoft Networking