Sign in with
Your question

Webcam help

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
July 13, 2010 8:13:43 PM

A4tech Webcam showing black screen. I m using windows Xp on Dell Inspiron E1705. The webcam was wroking fine but suddenly it is now showing black screen. i tried to connect on other desktop pc but it still shows black screen. is it a hardware prb ?

More about : webcam

Anonymous
July 13, 2010 10:05:14 PM

Webcams are cheap -- I'd buy a new one rather than puzzle about something that's probably just broken.
July 13, 2010 10:08:41 PM

Quote:
Webcams are cheap -- I'd buy a new one rather than puzzle about something that's probably just broken.

thank u for your generous reply. Forums are to help, not to give silly ideas.....can anyone help ...
Related resources
Anonymous
July 13, 2010 10:10:43 PM

You've already shown that it doesn't work on two different computers. Not so silly to spend a few bucks rather than tear your hair out. How much is your time worth ?

Just trying to help.
July 14, 2010 1:13:09 PM

Quote:
You've already shown that it doesn't work on two different computers. Not so silly to spend a few bucks rather than tear your hair out. How much is your time worth ?

Just trying to help.

Hey, it is not that i can't buy other webcam, point is that if it happens with other webcam as well than what will i do ? Important is to share Knowledge.

solution add Knowledge to the base of Existing knowledge. i hope you understand my Point.
Anonymous
July 14, 2010 1:28:59 PM

My point is you're ignoring one of the basics of troubleshooting. Chances are if it fails on two different computers the webcam has a hardware fault -- and its sudden failure suggests that rather than, say, a driver issue.

I suspect there's nothing to add to the base of existing knowledge except that this brand isn't especially reliable.
July 15, 2010 4:46:25 PM

Quote:
My point is you're ignoring one of the basics of troubleshooting. Chances are if it fails on two different computers the webcam has a hardware fault -- and its sudden failure suggests that rather than, say, a driver issue.

I suspect there's nothing to add to the base of existing knowledge except that this brand isn't especially reliable.

i got ur point. now could u advice me something on this issue? what cud be wrong ?
Anonymous
July 15, 2010 7:47:25 PM

All I can suggest is reloading the driver -- but you probably already did that when you tested the cam on the second computer. There's nothing you can repair in the camera.
!