Webcam help

A4tech Webcam showing black screen. I m using windows Xp on Dell Inspiron E1705. The webcam was wroking fine but suddenly it is now showing black screen. i tried to connect on other desktop pc but it still shows black screen. is it a hardware prb ?
7 answers Last reply
More about webcam help
  1. Webcams are cheap -- I'd buy a new one rather than puzzle about something that's probably just broken.
  2. Quote:
    Webcams are cheap -- I'd buy a new one rather than puzzle about something that's probably just broken.

thank u for your generous reply. Forums are to help, not to give silly ideas.....can anyone help ...
  3. You've already shown that it doesn't work on two different computers. Not so silly to spend a few bucks rather than tear your hair out. How much is your time worth ?

Just trying to help.
  4. Quote:
    You've already shown that it doesn't work on two different computers. Not so silly to spend a few bucks rather than tear your hair out. How much is your time worth ?

Just trying to help.

Hey, it is not that i can't buy other webcam, point is that if it happens with other webcam as well than what will i do ? Important is to share Knowledge.

solution add Knowledge to the base of Existing knowledge. i hope you understand my Point.
  5. My point is you're ignoring one of the basics of troubleshooting. Chances are if it fails on two different computers the webcam has a hardware fault -- and its sudden failure suggests that rather than, say, a driver issue.

I suspect there's nothing to add to the base of existing knowledge except that this brand isn't especially reliable.
  6. Quote:
    My point is you're ignoring one of the basics of troubleshooting. Chances are if it fails on two different computers the webcam has a hardware fault -- and its sudden failure suggests that rather than, say, a driver issue.

I suspect there's nothing to add to the base of existing knowledge except that this brand isn't especially reliable.

i got ur point. now could u advice me something on this issue? what cud be wrong ?
  7. All I can suggest is reloading the driver -- but you probably already did that when you tested the cam on the second computer. There's nothing you can repair in the camera.
Ask a new question

Read More

Webcams Dell Inspiron Windows XP Peripherals