Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Can someone tell me how I can see from Start Logoff Standby Restart options
without have to Logoff. Is it somewhere in the properties in Start?
--
Michael

kelly

Hi Michael,

Run line 267: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP

"Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Can someone tell me how I can see from Start Logoff Standby Restart
> options
> without have to Logoff. Is it somewhere in the properties in Start?
> --
> Michael

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Kelly,
I dont see Logoff, Restart or Standby from Start. all I can see is Logoff. I
have to click Logoff before I see the other options. On my other machine I
can see "Logoff and Restart and have the option to do either from Start.

--
Michael

"Kelly" wrote:

> Hi Michael,
>
> Run line 267: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Can someone tell me how I can see from Start Logoff Standby Restart
> > options
> > without have to Logoff. Is it somewhere in the properties in Start?
> > --
> > Michael

kelly

Michael,

Did you run the .reg file? Your start menu should read: Log Off and Turn
Off Computer.

--

> Kelly,
> I dont see Logoff, Restart or Standby from Start. all I can see is Logoff.
> have to click Logoff before I see the other options. On my other machine I
> can see "Logoff and Restart and have the option to do either from Start.
>
> --
> Michael
>

> "Kelly" wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> Run line 267: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
>>
>> --
>>
>> All the Best,
>> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>>
>> Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
>>

>> "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > Can someone tell me how I can see from Start Logoff Standby Restart
>> > options
>> > without have to Logoff. Is it somewhere in the properties in Start?
>> > --
>> > Michael

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Kelly,
all I'm seeing is Log off Michael. I use to see when I logged off was a box
wtih three choices Logoff-Restart-Standby
how do I run reg and make any changes. Please help. I'm going nuts. I know
its sounds stupid but I'm very anual about some things.
Thank you very much

--
Michael

"Kelly" wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Did you run the .reg file? Your start menu should read: Log Off and Turn
> Off Computer.
>
> --
>
> All the Best,
> Kelly (MS-MVP)
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>

> "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Kelly,
> > I dont see Logoff, Restart or Standby from Start. all I can see is Logoff.
> > have to click Logoff before I see the other options. On my other machine I
> > can see "Logoff and Restart and have the option to do either from Start.
> >
> > --
> > Michael
> >

> > "Kelly" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Michael,
> >>
> >> Run line 267: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> All the Best,
> >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
> >>
> >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
> >>

> >> "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

How do I run the reg.file that was suggested to fix my problem?
--
Michael

"Michael" wrote:

> Kelly,
> all I'm seeing is Log off Michael. I use to see when I logged off was a box
> wtih three choices Logoff-Restart-Standby
> how do I run reg and make any changes. Please help. I'm going nuts. I know
> its sounds stupid but I'm very anual about some things.
> Thank you very much
>
> --
> Michael
>

> "Kelly" wrote:
>
> > Michael,
> >
> > Did you run the .reg file? Your start menu should read: Log Off and Turn
> > Off Computer.
> >
> > --
> >
> > All the Best,
> > Kelly (MS-MVP)
> >
> > Troubleshooting Windows XP
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
> >

> > "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Kelly,
> > > I dont see Logoff, Restart or Standby from Start. all I can see is Logoff.
> > > have to click Logoff before I see the other options. On my other machine I
> > > can see "Logoff and Restart and have the option to do either from Start.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Michael

If you have the file, just right click it and choose MERGE from the menu.
It's always best to have a backup of the registry before modifying it...
--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
> How do I run the reg.file that was suggested to fix my problem?
> Michael
> "Michael" wrote:
>> Kelly,

>> all I'm seeing is Log off Michael. I use to see when I logged off was a
>> box
>> wtih three choices Logoff-Restart-Standby
>> how do I run reg and make any changes. Please help. I'm going nuts. I
>> know
>> its sounds stupid but I'm very anual about some things.
>> Thank you very much

>> > Did you run the .reg file? Your start menu should read: Log Off and
>> > Turn
>> > Off Computer.
> > All the Best,
>> > Kelly (MS-MVP)
>> >
>> > Troubleshooting Windows XP
>> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>> > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

thanks for the note, but what file am I looking for and how do I run it?

--
Michael

"NotMe" wrote:

> If you have the file, just right click it and choose MERGE from the menu.
> It's always best to have a backup of the registry before modifying it...
> --
> For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
> "Michael" <banks42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How do I run the reg.file that was suggested to fix my problem?
> > Michael
> > "Michael" wrote:
> >> Kelly,
>
> >> all I'm seeing is Log off Michael. I use to see when I logged off was a
> >> box
> >> wtih three choices Logoff-Restart-Standby
> >> how do I run reg and make any changes. Please help. I'm going nuts. I
> >> know
> >> its sounds stupid but I'm very anual about some things.
> >> Thank you very much

> > > All the Best,

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Michael wrote:

> thanks for the note, but what file am I looking for and how do I run it?

The one Kelly gave you the link for. See the info at the top of her
page for how to run the edit.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

I would guess that the file in question is on one of the pages linked in
Kelly's response...
Once Kelly clears hurricane Katrina's little inconvienence, she can tell ya.