Hiya
I have a HP nc4200 running on WinXP Pro SP2 that has an external combo (DVD
and CDRW) drive. It refuses to play VCD and DVD, saying a certain Codec is
missing. I have installed XviD and it still says a Codec needs to be
installed.

Does anyone know which Codec should I install so it can play VCD and DVD?

Thanks!!
Sunshine

Ally wrote:
> Hiya
> I have a HP nc4200 running on WinXP Pro SP2 that has an external
> combo (DVD and CDRW) drive. It refuses to play VCD and DVD, saying a
> certain Codec is missing. I have installed XviD and it still says a
> Codec needs to be installed.
>
> Does anyone know which Codec should I install so it can play VCD and
> DVD?

Download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

sammy

Try installing the program "G Spot".
When your media player doesn't play a VCD/DVD, start GSpot with the VCD/DVD
still in the drive and GSpot will tell you exactly which Codec you need or
the codec you miss.
Try searching on Google (I've lost track of the link).
Otherwise the best solution is, get something like Power DVD.

Shenan Stanley <newshelper@gmail.com> schreef in artikel
<uW0EkdTqFHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>...