How do I change the program that opens my jpeg files.

Got a new computer but it opens any jpg files with a program that I
dont like. How do I change it to where I can use whatever program I
want to do this???

Buford wrote:

> Got a new computer but it opens any jpg files with a program that I
> dont like. How do I change it to where I can use whatever program I
> want to do this???

Assuming a "new" computer means WinXP -

My Computer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types

Track down the extension, in this case jpg and hit "change."

Fireclown

Even easier, right click on a .jpg file while holding down the Shift key,
choose Open with, find the program you want, make sure the box for Always
open with is checked and hit OK.

In news:3387c4F3rh5j6U1@individual.net,
Fireclown <Fireclown@spamblock.com> stated
| Buford wrote:
|| Got a new computer but it opens any jpg files with a program that I
|| dont like. How do I change it to where I can use whatever program I
|| want to do this???
|
| Assuming a "new" computer means WinXP -
|
| My Computer -> Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types
|
| Track down the extension, in this case jpg and hit "change."
|
| Fireclown

TRENDING THREADS