internet explorer help

hey,
i have been trying to acess a web page on the internet and i try to go on to
it and i comes up with: this message

Server Error in '/' Application.

to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 2:
Line 3: string ua = Request.UserAgent;
Line 4: if(ua.IndexOf("msnbot/")>-1) {
Line 5: Response.Redirect("http://msn.streamsage.com/msn/");
Line 6: }

Source File: E:\webroot\Default.aspx Line: 4

Stack Trace:

object.]
ASP.default_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control
parameterContainer) in E:\webroot\Default.aspx:4
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2038; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2032

i have internet explorer 6.0.2800.1106
5 answers Last reply
More about internet explorer help

    hey,

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Server+Error+in+%27%2F%27+Application&btnG=Google+Search

    --

    All the Best,
    Kelly (MS-MVP)

    Troubleshooting Windows XP
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    "Brods" <Brods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hey,
    > i have been trying to acess a web page on the internet and i try to go on
    > it and i comes up with: this message
    >
    > Server Error in '/' Application.

    > about
    >
    > Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set
    > to an instance of an object.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >

    > Line 2:
    > Line 3: string ua = Request.UserAgent;
    > Line 4: if(ua.IndexOf("msnbot/")>-1) {
    > Line 5: Response.Redirect("http://msn.streamsage.com/msn/");
    > Line 6: }
    >

    > Source File: E:\webroot\Default.aspx Line: 4
    >
    > Stack Trace:
    >

    > [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an
    > object.]
    > ASP.default_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __output, Control
    > parameterContainer) in E:\webroot\Default.aspx:4
    > System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +27
    > System.Web.UI.Control.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +7
    > System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +243

    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2038;
    > ASP.NET
    > Version:1.1.4322.2032
    >
    > i have internet explorer 6.0.2800.1106

    that web page redirected me to google.com was it supposed to? also do i have
    them most up-to-date version of internet explorer because when i log on
    hotmail it say i don't have internet explorer 6 what do i do

    brods

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > hey,
    >
    > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Server+Error+in+%27%2F%27+Application&btnG=Google+Search
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

    Yes.
    What does it say?

    --

    > that web page redirected me to google.com was it supposed to? also do i
    > have
    > them most up-to-date version of internet explorer because when i log on
    > hotmail it say i don't have internet explorer 6 what do i do
    >
    > brods
    >
    > "Kelly" wrote:
    >
    >> hey,
    >>
    >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Server+Error+in+%27%2F%27+Application&btnG=Google+Search
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> All the Best,
    >> Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >>
    >> Troubleshooting Windows XP
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

    it just tokk me to the normal google page like if you type www.google.com
    thate what it came up as

    brods

    "Kelly" wrote:

    > Yes.
    > What does it say?
    >
    > --
    >
    > All the Best,
    > Kelly (MS-MVP)
    >
    > Troubleshooting Windows XP
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
    >

    > "Brods" <Brods@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > that web page redirected me to google.com was it supposed to? also do i
    > > have
    > > them most up-to-date version of internet explorer because when i log on
    > > hotmail it say i don't have internet explorer 6 what do i do
    > >
    > > brods
    > >
    > > "Kelly" wrote:
    > >
    > >> hey,
    > >>
    > >> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Server+Error+in+%27%2F%27+Application&btnG=Google+Search