Tech / Rules Question - Abra ca Dabra

I just picked up a Gottlieb Abra ca Dabra. Really fun game and
everything seems to work but I have rules or maybe tech question...

The first time you hit a drop target with the "roving spot" light on it
or drain down the bonus outlane, the game scores the correct bonus
amount but does not advance the bonus. Every subsequent spot hit or
bonus lane rollover scores the bonus amount and advances the bonus.

The "1-2-3-4" sequence rollovers work fine and the first time you
complete this sequence it scores and advances.

I'm not sure if this is part of the rules or if there is some problem
and it should be advancing the bonus on the first hit???

This is my first wedgehead and now I know why people like them so much.
I also have a Gottlieb Royal Flush which is beautiful and fun for 4
people but I think the Abra ca Dabra is a much more fun for a single
player.

I don't think the lit drop target is supposed to advance the bonus. The
bonus (I think) advances when you complete all drop targets or complete
the 1234 sequence. Hitting the roving target is supposed to score you
the bonus amount.

I really don't think that target should be advancing your bonus, and
the outlane CERTAINLY shouldn't. It shouldn't be that easy to advance
your bonus all the way to 5000, it sounds like you would be doing it
every game.

I think that's it but I haven't had the game a couple months. Yea great
game. Gottlieb really hardly made a bad one in the 1970s.